• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED T-brid 900@1050 = Crash, mobo: A7V. - why? - help me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

ME

I cannot overclock my computer higher than 1045 (9,5x110) - why??

My system:
T-bird 900MHz (unlocked with pencil)
A7V rev. 1.01, bios 1004
SD RAM (pc133 - can go 150) Enhanced Memory System 3x128Mbyte
Cooling:
- CPU: constant <38 Celsius (sensor placed on golden orb)
- mobo: <28 Celsius
Vcore: 1.85 (max for A7V)

My system won’t run stable at (win2k):
10.5x100 (won’t even start in w2k))
11x100 (won’t even start in w2k)
10x111 (3D games make it crash)

As I see it I can go two ways:
1) Either increase cooling (new CPU-cooler)
2) Or increase the Vcore (as Tom's Hardware show in the article "Extreme Overclocking with the Asus A7V").

3) - Or what do you say???

Please Help - what am I doing wrong?

I thank contributors in advance!

how big of a psu do you have? I would recommend at least a 300 watt one, if you don't have one already of course ;-) Besides that, try burning it in more and trying to increase the multiplier, since the fsb isn't going to go much higher.

good luck!

hooziewhatsit (Dec 25, 2000 01:20 a.m.):
how big of a psu do you have? I would recommend at least a 300 watt one, if you don't have one already of course ;-) Besides that, try burning it in more and trying to increase the multiplier, since the fsb isn't going to go much higher.

good luck!

What do you refer to? - my power supply is 300 watt (Aopen cabinet, high tower). Concerning your "trying to increase the multiplier" - we have tried that (10.5x100=1050 = crash!(after a little while)

If 10*111 makes it crash in 3d games (not too surprising given the extra strain on the graphics card) you could try increasing the VIO for stability. The A7V has default VIO (the '3.3V') of 3.54V , and the next setting is 3.69, so this is getting pretty high, but it might be worth it.

Rob Cork (Dec 25, 2000 12:41 p.m.):
If 10*111 makes it crash in 3d games (not too surprising given the extra strain on the graphics card) you could try increasing the VIO for stability. The A7V has default VIO (the '3.3V') of 3.54V , and the next setting is 3.69, so this is getting pretty high, but it might be worth it.

I agree, extreme VIOs can help sometimes. Unfortunately, you're running a risk when you do it. One of my Asus A7Vs actually came with the VIO set to 3.3, so you might want to check if you are set to 3.56 first of all.

Also, 111 FSB is really pushing it. It might be your memory that is unstable, or just the board. Try lowering your FSB and using a larger multiplier.

Back