• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 7Aug20: Late and short: This is me now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Sending this out while I can this week. Some great numbers being put forth by great people. I mean you. Don’t look around. I’m talking about you specifically. Thank you to everyone and have a safe weekend.

Team Conquest/Threat List

NVIDIA Corp 1.5 monthsup from 4.1 weeks.
PCMR 1.8 monthsdown from 1.9 months.
PC Games Hardware1.5 yearsup from 1.3 years.
Taiwan Team 1.5 yearsup from 8.2 months.
Intel2.0 yearsdown from infinity.
Cern dropped out of the top five chasing us down. Three of the five listed are finding it harder to overtake us this week. “WOOT!” for us.

Active folders and ranking:
Active FoldersRankingAve PPD
This week9782nd 1.27 million.
Last week10280th 1.17 million.
Two weeks ago10883rd 1.02 million.
3 weeks ago11080th 931k.
5 weeks ago13281st 935k.
6 weeks ago13481st 851k.
8 weeks ago14082nd (Like the All American Airborne but we aren’t them.)924k.
9 weeks ago14786th881k.
10 weeks ago14894th898k.
Still losing active teammates but also still increasing in average ppd. For those who had to drop out for any reason, we look forward to having you back. We are not a fly-by-night, flash in the pan team. We are here for the long haul and will be here when you return. Just don’t leave us hangin’. Lots of metaphors in this paragraph. Phew!

Top 20 PPD:
1HayesK19.91 million.
2WhitehawkEQ13.64 million.
3orion4567.69 million.
4torin37.63 million.
5JrClocker5.91 million.
6Maviryk5.89 million.
7TC4.91 million.
8Computekinc4.79 million.
9OSUmaxx3.54 million.
10hshtick3.00 million.
11don256us2.81 million.
12Travis4Sutton2.69 million.
13BigBlockk2.67 million.
14dfonda2.45 million.
15P4EE2.25 million.
16DarkWarrior2.25 million.
17harlam3572.11 million.
18payj941.89 million.
19DesertFlower231.89 million.
20Gnerma1.77 million.
21JLK03F1501.62 million.
22belorsch1.57 million.
23ottoaxel1.54 million.
24gulp351.36 million.
25superducky1.32 million.
26DeNitro1.23 million.
27rpkole1.19 million.
Top 27 this week. Very nice. Top 17 are earning 2 million+ ppd. Also very nice. Great job guys.

World Top 200:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

Macaholic #30
HayesK#31
WhitehawkEQ#52
HayesK#54
P4EE#78
RamonetB#113
RoXQI3x#116
orion456#114Moving up 2 spots!
JrClocker#132
torin3#133
Holdolin#204
orion456 moving up two spots this week! WOOT!

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

Took a hit with the east coast storm this week.. The power outages (3 or 4) screwed something up with my rig...I'll start with a new PSU and go from there until I find the problem...Hope to back up in a week or so.

Sorry to hear that. We got lucky and the power didn't go out at my home. Power flickered at work and we had a bunch of CNC mills and lathes trip out and have to be restarted.

I hope that the computer is the only issue you are dealing with. Looking forward to seeing you back up to full production as you are able.

I seem to have made it back into the top 10 on the team for ppd. I'm right behind OSUmaxx. I want to pass him up so bad. Not because I don't like him. Heck, I don't know him. I'm not even a fan of U of M but I feel like I must avenge them. lol

Don't worry OSUmaxx, I don't have the horse power to pass you. You can only fall behind me. Fold on buddy. :)

There is a small chance that I will be off-line for a while. Both of our EOC (Emergency Operations Center: We have two.) managers have alerted us that we have straight line winds gusting up to 80mph heading our way. It hasn't quite hit Chicago yet but we will get it about two hours after they do. The lake will probably not slow it down. I expect to see the storm(s) in about 2-3 hours from now.

If I do lose power, I do have a generator to keep about half my house running for 10 hours at a time on 5 gal of gas. We'll be fine, I'll just be cranky if I don't have Internet and TV. Hot water be damned! If the internet stays up while power is down, I have my router and modem on a 1500VA which will keep that going for about 3 hours. When I fire up my generator, I can charge batteries/laptops/phones, keep the fridge/freezer going and provide lights to most of the house. OR run the water heater. Last time power went out, the water heater still had very warm water 2.5 days in. It only takes about 30 min to recharge the water heater to hot if I so choose. I did not the last time.

Hmmmm..... The storms came in at close to 60 mph. The rain came down in thick sheets. I had shut down everything in the house to avoid power spike issues. We kept watching the news which broadcast for over two hours straight, no comercials. About an hour later, the storm had been passed and left our (TV) viewing area. We never lost power.

Now, everyone in my family lost power. My Mom has a brand new solar system so she'll be good. My in-laws live in the city as does my brother so they at least have water. My Dad, however, has a well pump so I loaded up my generator and got his fridge and water pump working.

Could not find any problems in software on my PC that started failing fah. Did some the usual stuff like chk disc and mem test.

New PSU should be here Fri. The PC runs fine without fah running, OC's were all turned off. Hope the 12 year old 650W PSU is indeed the issue.

If that does not fix it I'll start swapping GPU's. The worst part is always having a cluster of failures, just hate that...

Well, I'm up 2 positions this week. I also finally passed JrClocker!

However in 24 hours again, I'll be back down those 2 positions. I'm going to get passed by 2 users putting out a combined 100M PPD!

Too bad we haven't been able to get any of them to join our team.

Dave, A few things to try while waiting on the new psu:
Reseat power connectors to the video card and motherboard.
Reseat the video card in motherboard.
Lower power limit on video card.

I seem to have made it back into the top 10 on the team for ppd. I'm right behind OSUmaxx. I want to pass him up so bad. Not because I don't like him. Heck, I don't know him. I'm not even a fan of U of M but I feel like I must avenge them. lol

Don't worry OSUmaxx, I don't have the horse power to pass you. You can only fall behind me. Fold on buddy. :)

Muahahaha... the OSU is Oregon State so we're good :) I'm going to shut down for a bit when I move, so who knows what will happen? :D

My AC broke last night so I had to shut down one of my folders (Lightroom4). The "gamer" is going down next week when I start a new build. The new build will have a pair of GTX 970's until I buy the new GPU. I'm holding out since some new models are right around the corner. I'll be looking for an RTX 2080 Super equivalent or better once the new releases start coming out.

Dave, A few things to try while waiting on the new psu:
Reseat power connectors to the video card and motherboard.
Reseat the video card in motherboard.
Lower power limit on video card.

Thanks HayesK ...I suck at software but hardware I can troubleshoot in my sleep lol.

The last thing on your list was the first thing I did...The PC ran fine with out the fah load, so it was either going to be PSU or 2 GPU's failed but only while running fah. (I also did a ton of other stuff )

I don't have to tell you, but failing fah Wu's is last on my list of things I will do to find out what a problem is.

Anyway it's too soon to tell but it's been folding for an hour now with a new PSU...The 650w that was in it may be 10 or 12 years old (EDIT 9 years old), along with the MOBO.

I am trying to remember what I just bought...I got a link for it in a PSU thread. (I paid way too much) Its got like 6 PCI-e ports, which I'll need because the old one only had 2... I'll swap this PSU up to the newer PC if I can get my hands on one of the new GPU's (RTX 3800 TI). Both my PSU's are old.

The worst part is I lost my HFM remote connection and it always take me 6 hours to set that up again 10 reboots of both PC's usually...Like I said I suck at software.:chair:

EDIT: Its this one...I didn't do a whole lot of research on it. https://www.newegg.com/fractal-desi...k-660w/p/N82E16817580022?Item=N82E16817580022

Last edited:
I'll swap this PSU up to the newer PC if I can get my hands on one of the new GPU's (RTX 3800 TI).[/URL]

Wait wait wait, did you say RTX 3800? (insert brain exploding here) :rofl:
Or did you mean RTX 3080?

Last edited:
Back