• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take A Look At Those Mobos (nf2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
G-PHoRCe said:

Maybe I missed it, but it'd be nice if they told us what boards were used.

While the chipset/features on these boards (I've seen the Chaintech one, and the Asus board) look nice, there is one thing I have noticed with them: The fact that although the socket has the four mounting holes, there is nowhere enough clearance for a big HS that would use them (Alpha PAL 8045/Swiftech MCX462(+)) or bigger clip heatsinks, such as the Thermalright AX-7. There are far too many capacitors in the way!

Also, on the Chaintech board I don't like where the power connector is located. It's too far towards the northwest corner, wheras most boards have them closer to the RAM slots or IDE ports.

Man...I wanna see those Epox boards before I decide which nForce 2 mobo to try out. They're supposed to have fsb up to 333MHz (not 166x2, actual 333MHz fsb :D)
I can't wait to see it perform against all these reviews.

i am pretty sure you can manually set the pci/agp speed on all nforce2 boards so divisors would not be needed. the epox board looks the best because (if the epox site is accurate) it supports up to a whopping 333mhz FSB.

i agree with dat, and i also think that it would be really nice if one decide to review the epox board because eventhough epox was one of the first manufacturer to put a nf2 board on its website with pic and specs, I can't find a single review of this board...
so i invite anyone who find a review to be kind enough to attach the link.

Back