• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature probes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The masterless newbie

Registered
This may be a stupid question... but here goes.

Just ordered an A64 3000+ and an Epox 8kda3j mobo... any day now. So I have 3 external temperature probes that are connected to an LCD on the front of my case. My question is, how/where can I mount a temp probe to measure CPU temp?

As I understand it, the surface of the A64s is pretty much flat, unlike the other athlons which have the die protruding from the center of the chip. Usually, I'd set the temp probe right next to the die betweent he CPU surface and the HSF. That doesn't look possible w/ the A64s.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Feels good to be back on the forums.

If its a 754 you can probably stick it on the bottom and run the wires between the pins. As far as 939, I've been wondering about this myself. When I pick one up, I'm probably going to pop off the integrated heat spreader to at least put in some AS5, perhaps there is enough room between the IHS and the CPU to fit a temp sensor next to the die.

Back