• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The cheapest overclocking motherboard?...please answer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greek_Overclocker

Registered
Can i overclock this system TO THE GIG without having my pc in danger?
AMD DURON 700
256MB 133MHZ RAM
30GB WD CAVIAR
ATI ALL IN WONDER RADEON
CREATIVE SB LIVE PLATINUM 5.1
PIONNEER 6X DVD
1 CASE FAN
ALPHA PEP66T
WHAT IS IN YOUR OPINION THE CHEAPEST MOBO TO DO IT?WHAT IS IN YOUR OPINION THE IDEAL FSB AND MULTIPLIER?

Here's two options. Get the Epox EP-8KTA3 for $126 shipped.

Or the MicroStar (MSI) MSI K7T Turbo for $119 + shipping (starting at $8) here:

For the 1 GHz O/C, try 7.5 and 133 MHz. Everything is on-spec at 133 MHz and you want the FSB at least that high for best performance. For Durons, it's important to keep the multiplier below 9.5 because that's the maximum that the small cache can compensate for.

iwill kk266, its in the 120s or 30s, nice board, still use asus in my case

good luck,
monza

tb800@1000

If you would be happy with a kt133 (not kt133a) board, the fic az11e can be had for 88 bucks (pricewatch). It has multiplier, core voltage and fsb support (jumpers/dips, not bios i think). I don't have this board, so I have no experience with it, but it might be worth a look if cost is a major concern. If not i would probably grab an iwill kk266.

organicker

KT133 motherboards are cheaper, but KT133A will let you go up to 133Mhz FSB or more (which is what you want, since Duron's cache is small).
Plain KT133 don't support much more than 112Mhz FSB. You want to keep your multiplier low, so it can be "worth it" overclocking.

I didn't try it myself, but MSI's Turbo-R seems to be a hell of a good KT133A board...

Back