• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The GPU shortage will soon be over...LOL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the biggest thing is people are going to slow down their buying frenzies. Miners will slow down their procurement, gamers will get their cards then supply and demand will equalize.

This was tongue in cheek but the 'egg shuffle today had a 3070 at $699 no bundle which is the cheapest it has been (since they came out), and makes it possible to sell it here with only shipping extra to accrue your money back....and that is a good thing.(y)

Cards going down globally and miners are trying to sell what they have since it's still worth a lot. I already sold some stuff too.
My local stores so far shout about graphics cards sales but prices are not so much lower or are 20-30% lower only for highly overpriced models that no one wanted to buy for longer. Anyway, prices are going down and availability is much better in all stores than 3-4 weeks ago. I expect that each new shipment will be cheaper so every 2-3 weeks we can expect that some models will change their price.

Tongue in cheek or not, I just hope prices are back to what used to be normal when the next generation of cards hit - Nvidia or AMD.

I tend to skip GPU generations independent of "the market", but when the RTX 4xxx/AMD 7xxx drops, it'd be nice to grab another higher-end-but-not-quite-top-of-the-mountain level card for under 4 figures.

Back