• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"The" greatest case ever....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you go to school or at your work they have some computers they are going to throw into the dumpster ask if you can have one, then just gut it for hardware and mod it to fit your requirements and then put your own hardware in it, it cant be done cheaper.

Does the Antec 900 fit the thermalright ultra 120 extreme? My cooler is pretty massive, and it fits in mine just fine. It's a cheap case too. 120 or so. Pushes lots of air.

Lian: Where are you guys getting the idea that it has great airflow? Either I am blind completely or you are not reading my posts. I don't really care the quality of the material, whether it's aluminum or iron or titanium, I need a case with at least 6-7 built in fan slots and amazing air flow. None of those expensive lian cases you guys mentioned match this criteria. I don't even know why they are so damn expensive, they look like ***** as well lol :D. No aesthetics, nothing fancy, they are like my case I had with a 286 CPU 15 years ago.

Does the Antec 900 fit the thermalright ultra 120 extreme? My cooler is pretty massive, and it fits in mine just fine. It's a cheap case too. 120 or so. Pushes lots of air.

That case is good, but it doesn't have enough fan slots. I need at least 6-7 120mm slots. The only one I could find was cooler master, and apparently thermalright ultra 120 extreme doesn't fit in it.

Lian: Where are you guys getting the idea that it has great airflow? Either I am blind completely or you are not reading my posts. I don't really care the quality of the material, whether it's aluminum or iron or titanium, I need a case with at least 6-7 built in fan slots and amazing air flow. None of those expensive lian cases you guys mentioned match this criteria. I don't even know why they are so damn expensive, they look like ***** as well lol :D. No aesthetics, nothing fancy, they are like my case I had with a 286 CPU 15 years ago.

different strokes for different folks, my friend. i like the a10B simple yet has what i need. im not into flashy case like it sounds you are, the price well that in the craftsmanship, higher build quality IMO then 90% of the other ALU cases out there. you dont need mad amount of case fans for good airflow.

the a10 has a lower 120mm fan for cooling hd's, with the powersupplies sucking air out of the lower compartment. the area where the hs is at for me any way, i have the rear case fan blowing in and the top fan sucking air out. in this setup i dont think you could get any better airflow, unless the made the cpu/hs fan setup in its own compartment then use some of the lower 5.25 bays with a fan to blow air in for my 8800gts to suck air out with its blower style fan.

really you need to look at what you like how is the case setup and do you like the layout.... still IMO that A10B is one of top cases to have/get if you can afford the 250 price tag. i dont go buying cases everytime i upgrade like some do, i plan on keeping this for a few years. i will evently add a rad to the top of the case for wcing the cpu and adding a second psu down the road.

Lian Li V2000B FTW... i absolutly LOVE my case... it has 7 5.25 bays. 12 spots for hard drives, AMAZING AIRFLOW inverted ATX and well just sexy...

P9050118.JPG

P9050130.JPG

P9050131.JPG

I 2nd the Lian-Li V2000B. The side fan is in an AWESOME place as your GPU sits on top because of the bATX design, the board mounts upside down and on the opposite side of the case essentially. This keeps your GPU(s) up top (hot hair rises) as they are the hottest, and has a dedicated 120mm fan that intakes and pushes right onto them (as their fans suck in that cold air and push it right out the back). Also, this case is f***** HUGE!.

I am personally going w/ the V1200bPlusII which is very similar to the V2000, just in a mid-tower design (I LAN and am going water cooled). I really think the V2000 would be the way to go, if you can't get good air flow in that, then you prob. wont in anything else.

Back