• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The massive all-encompassing OCF iPhone thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Firmware 2.0.1 is out, runs heavy at ~250mb. Comes with a new 3G baseband.

it has actually killed me.. i've been since i last posted here trying to restore my phone because it said it could not update/restore due to some error.. seems to be doing the restore now.. but who knows :(

by the way did you lose all the extra info that you added to your contacts?

by the way did you lose all the extra info that you added to your contacts?

Umm, no? I've got my contacts synced with windows address book. So far the text entry lag, contacts scroll lag and app crashing has not reared its daily head..

one problem with the new firmware... try this for yourself:
disable 3g, open up the map and find your current location = works great
enable 3g, open up the map and find your current location = broked (shows me in alabama when in fact i am in Oklahoma)

enable 3g, open up the map and find your current location = broked (shows me in alabama when in fact i am in Oklahoma)

i don't have a 3g iphone but just to check with the 8 GB edge iphone, i located myself and it did fine for me. it was within about a hundred feet if i had to guess.

Well no thank kind sir I don't think I want to try that. :)

I always leave 3G enabled, I get pretty halfway decent coverage with it.

My GPS locking can be highly erratic; sometimes its locked in under 5 seconds, sometimes no lock at all, with no regard to signal strength of type.

Soo, WTF? Why is there a MobileMe icon in control panel now? It appeared when I updated itunes. It didn't ask me outright, I'm sure its hidden in the EULA, but.. c'mon crapple.

Q: Why won't my older accessories charge my new 3G?!?

A: I believe its because apple did away with charging via the firewire ports on the connector. Firewire uses 12v to USB's 5v. Which is why car kits don't work, which use the car's 12v system. :( There is an 3rd party adapter coming out soon.

Mini-poll!:
What kind of case do you use for your iPhone 3G (if at all)?

I'm looking for a case but I'm not sure which one to get or if I even need one.

Mini-poll!:
What kind of case do you use for your iPhone 3G (if at all)?

I'm looking for a case but I'm not sure which one to get or if I even need one.

I have this case:
Belkin Silicone sleeve

I only use it at work because I put it in the cup holder of the floor buffer I use and it bounces around a lot. I have the case so it doesn't scratch up the back because its not aluminum like the first gen phone.

If mine is plugged into my PC @ boot then it causes the system to crash .. lol .. Pretty annoyed actually, there too slippy n slidey .. Mine fell out my pocket n now has a lovely collection of deep scrates on it, not the actual screen but around it :( ..

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...0231&q_manufacturer=apple&q_model=prod2620268

it comes with a screen protector, cleaning cloth, and a stand to prop up your iphone while you watch movies/podcasts on it

its got a nice feel to it

I actually just picked that case up today. It's a nice case, but I'm not a huge fan of the silicon because it gets stuck in my pocket. The left and right side also aren't very snug which bugs me. I'm just too picky. I'm gonna try it out for a week or so and return it if I don't like it :/

Well that was quick. iPhone firmware 2.0.2 is out! Reports are rolling in claiming some bug fixes regarding lag, as well as a boost in 3G speed.

welp... On my 3rd iPhone 3g... First one, loose screen. 2nd, Screw rattling around inside.

Lets see whats behind door number 3!!

Back