• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The massive all-encompassing OCF iPhone thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW. I went through three 1st gen iphones. One had a bubble in between the glass layers. The next had a legitimate dead pixel. I really want someone to make a carbon carbon fiber backplate. [not misprint. its carbon fiber weave with powdered carbon to fill all gaps and crevices.]

i'm still on my first "1st gen" iphone (it is an 8 gb model, however). i just installed the mocha vnc lite client and i am pretty impressed. if i was going to use it more, i might purchase it for $6 but i don't think i will need to use it that much. more of a novelty like the rest of the phone ;)

I got my Apple iPhone 3G 16GB Black on launch day! Loving it so far

Haha this is funny I'm on my iPhone right now In history class, I'm on the edge network though *thumbsdown*.. Anyways hopefully this upgrade will allow us to text message with out phone tilted on it's side

I'm much happier with update 2.1. The OS is snappier and the signal reading seems more accurate and dynamic. Reception and quality.. unchanged. Anyone else?

Last edited:
anything else new or updated? i want to be able to send mms on this thing i can't believe that the only way i can do it is by jailbreaking the phone...

is the gps still the same or do you get proper indications now?

HA. No MMS, No GPS update.. the only 'feature' is the addition of the 'genius' music feature, which I haven't touched. Seems like just bug fixes this time around.

they did add a feature to the ipod function. when viewing by songs, it shows the artist and album names as well as just the song name which is nice.

I used to have that problem before 2.0.2. Sometimes rebooting would fix it, sometimes I had to reinstall the app.

If re-installing the apps doesn't work then I would restore the phone. However just reinstalling the apps worked for me and hasn't been an issue recently.

Sneaky! Link Theoretically IR scanners could be implemented to ID your phone while you're using it. Time to go buy an IR light and break out the green laser to burn it off. Good thing I bought black!

9-18-08iphone3gdmc.jpg

9-18-08iphonecode.jpg

Edit: Already been decoded: 0880807B080802351448XAB

Last edited:
I'm loving my iPhone much more since the update. I get at least 1 bar anywhere at work now (before everything was "no service"), and I get 5 bars in my house (2 at best before). Also, the GPS is MUCH mroe accurate. When I would sit in my computer chair and hit locate, it would say I was in Seattle, WA. Now it drops the pin over the corner of my house right over where I'm sitting.

My switch broke off a while back (i have the 3G) i was switching between vibrate and ring and it just broke off. Haven't bothered to replace it because it would take too long for something that isn't THAT important to me, also it came with a dead pixel but it isnt too bad.

My switch broke off a while back (i have the 3G) i was switching between vibrate and ring and it just broke off. Haven't bothered to replace it because it would take too long for something that isn't THAT important to me, also it came with a dead pixel but it isnt too bad.

i would still try to get it replaced. when my friend's phone had a problem with the touch screen, they sent him a loaner iphone while his was being worked on. might as well talk to the tech support as that is something that definitely is not supposed to happen. hehe

Back