• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The "Silverado 50" from Noise Control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfk

Registered
Is anyone using this cpu-cooler, the Silverado 50 from Noise Control?
It is the best one in my opinion, only the Swiftec's are a bit better.
It beats the Globalwin's & Alpha's easely!
But most important, it is VERY silent,
even more silent than a standard cheap little cooler.
And it looks cool to!! (like some sort of a turbine!!! :)

It's been tested here:

Does anyone know where I can buy this one, pref. somewhere in Belgium?
Or a site maybe where you can order it?

Thanx!

Anandtech also have a review/ratings, I posted the info on another post a couple of days ago. The are using two centrifugal blowers which are very quiet, but move a good amount of air.

I thought it was designed and made in Germany as I seem to recall the original post being in German, but I could be wrong.

Dam I love Google - here is the site :-

Dunno, but you can bet everyone will be carrying them as soon as they can get them in stock!
I bet they will be kinda pricey though.
AKDUDE

Anyone recognize that fan? I would like to get my hands on just the fan, to play with it.

Hoot

Yeah Hoot - try http://www.allelectronics.com/ They may have some in stock. I'm lucky enough to live in LA where they are based, it's always fun to spend an hour searching their stores.

I have three from them, about $5 each, but these are open both sides of the turbine, most are only open one side - that's why they are flipped around on the "Silverado".

You can buy the Silverado @ www.noisecontrol.de, however I don't know if they make international shipments. Right now the delivery takes very long due to high demand. It took them three weeks to ship me the Silverado within Germany, i ordered just one day after the first reviews came out.

I got the silverado noise control (50 gram pure silver)
you can change from 6v at 1300rpm--12v at 3500rpm
at 12v its pretty noisy..! and it isnt cooling that well..before I bought the silverado i had a elk..something the elk fan did cool better than the silverado noise control..*
and the silverado cost much more..now I use silverado+ELK...idle temp-27-full throttle-max 48..on a t-bird 900mhz..Abit Kt7A-Raid--

check out this norwegian site..
Silverado!

Back