• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JDizzle said:
I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these now, thanks for the thread Houserat. The only thing that's stopping me are Sent's scores.

Sent's X800 Pro scores about the same as your X800GTO2. The X800 Pro goes for $170 as an ATI refurb and the GTO2 goes for $200. How's it possible that with 12 pipes that Sent is getting the same score in 05 and higher in 03?

Houserat, these are indeed nice scores you are posting. JDizzle, this board causes me to consider spending money on something I do not really need LOL. I have seriously thought about selling my AGP DFI Ultra D and my X800 Pro vivo unlocked to 16 pipes.

But you know what considering the cost to move to pci-e and the lost dollars selling what I have it makes no sense. I am posting scores of almsot 6400 in 3D 05 with my X800 pro at 520/540 on a pro bios . card is regognized as a Platinum Edition in Omega Driver. This is with a 3800 X2 at 2.2.

So when I look at the scores of this overclocked and unlocked GTO2 I figure I am doing okay and have spent less. This is the best card for performance on a pci-e platform ,no doubt. But if you are on AGP and you can buy an X800 Pro VIVO at $170 then I would do that. AGP platforms still have life left imho, which gives us time to benefit from future price drops on hardware and for me just move my whole agp system to a backup or to my wife to replace her NF2.

Great scores great post keep it up. Hopefully all who order get a card similar to this one that overclocks well and took the flash fine. BTW what is the clockspeed of your cpu? I am gonna compare my scores to these posted ones so my goal now is to break 13K in 03 as I am at high 12's now.

CK

These GTO2 cards looks very promising and modability really makes this stuff hot.

Oh, and by the way, those who are interested about voltmodding, they are exactly same ones that are used on X850, X800NP or X800XL except one resistor (R1596) is at different location.

Voltmods for X850, X800NP & X800XL (It's in finnish but I'm sure you will get the idea)
R1596 location (used for lgpu vmod)

Ok so I got my card in today and started doing a few tests. I ran 3dmark05 at the same clocks as you

3d05.jpg

Still testing.....

--Josh

looks good so far folks.... spend some time with it and see how it goes..... my last scores are with my San Diego at 2.8Ghz, fast gpu memory timings and drivers at performance.

Also, I'm hoping these cards will respond well to a voltmod.

Z YA LTR said:
Ok so I got my card in today and started doing a few tests. I ran 3dmark05 at the same clocks as you

3d05.jpg

Still testing.....

--Josh
Z YA LTR have you flashed the card yet..... your card is listed as a GTO in 3DMark whereas mine is listed as a X850 Series after the flash.

Also people, please run the Sapphire Trixx software to see how high it finds max clocks..... mine were considerably lower than what my naked eye could see for artifacts (I know that's how it works with software max finders).

Guys need some help...Im getting some wierd pixels all over now that i have this card installed in the system. Just got all the newest drivers, directx and a clean install. But im getting these strange pixels all over the place. Any ideas?

houserat: No I still havent flashed it yet. Im running a san diego at 2800mhz and driver set to performance and thats it.

It still has a lot left in it. But I had to work on my car tonight so I didnt get to play with it anymore. I will tomorrow and I will update later.

beau_safken: Is the card stock or did you flash it? Did you change out the heatsink?

--Josh

its totally stock..just took it out of the packaging and running 3dmarks. Havent messed with anything, all my settings are at stock.... Havent flashed anything or done or touched a thing yet.

hmmm do you think that removing the heatsink and redoing the thermal paste would be a good idea if I have to RMA it?

Update: Seems like the amount of dots and artifacts is getting larger as time goes on. I dont remember seeing this many before, now there appear to be a lot more. Seems heat related to me..but im weary of taking off the heatsink if i have to RMA this thing... Any ideas gentleman? All drivers are current and all updates for this computer are up to date. Im lost...

Last edited:
El<(')>Maxi said:
Hey HR, thats a nice card you got, reminds me of the 9500 days.

@Zebbo

What are they on about in this pic?

mitta.jpg
Yes..... excellent deal if I ever saw one...... so far it seems they max out around 540/600..... however one guy over at XS has one that does over 600 on the core..... I suppose we'll see a few of these clock like XTPE cards..... Maybe I'll get another and take my chances.... :D

JDizzle said:
I just got ordered mine from newegg, should be here in a few days, I'm excited!
GL with that card bro..... you'll see quite an improvement over the 6200 card you have right now.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Hey HR, thats a nice card you got, reminds me of the 9500 days.

@Zebbo

What are they on about in this pic?

mitta.jpg

All the legs that has some blue colors are measurement points for VGPU for X850, X800NP and X800XL, GTO models has different measurement points.

VGPU for X800GTO
VDD and VDDQ for X800GTO

All mods except LGPU are exactly same as the X850, X800NP and X800XL has. Voltage measurement points are different.

Back