• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll wait to see what kind of improvement a voltmod will do this card before I do mine..... got my #2 pencil, magnifying glass and volt meter all ready. Now get to it people so I can figure out if I have a pair big enough to do this..... :p

El<(')>Maxi said:
No just send it back.

Taking your advice on this one.... That card has to be messed up...no way you would get artifacts at stock speeds with that one normally.

Either way...Gonna rebuild the old setup and use that till i get my RMA...something is telling me it will be a while...

:bang head:

beau_safken said:
Taking your advice on this one.... That card has to be messed up...no way you would get artifacts at stock speeds with that one normally.

Either way...Gonna rebuild the old setup and use that till i get my RMA...something is telling me it will be a while...

:bang head:
good call..... take the rma and wait for a new one...... no reason in the world why this card she be acting up at stock speed...... Considering how much headroom these cores have you could probably run stock speeds with just a heatsink and no fan.

Welp, guess I got me a good card. got the memory up to 611. Still moving up havent seen an artifact yet. Core 570 - no artifacts. 12 pipes still

3d05-01.jpg

--Josh

HousERaT said:
good call..... take the rma and wait for a new one...... no reason in the world why this card she be acting up at stock speed...... Considering how much headroom these cores have you could probably run stock speeds with just a heatsink and no fan.

Gonna order up that zalman fatality copper vga heatsink as well...so when that thing get here and works, pop that dude on and start the music. Just have to see if i get a good one this time around. Kinda of a downer...was hoping to get that article done before the weekend but hey....se la vi..

Z YA LTR said:
Welp, guess I got me a good card. got the memory up to 611. Still moving up havent seen an artifact yet. Core 570 - no artifacts. 12 pipes still

3d05-01.jpg

--Josh
Yes you got a good one with a 570 core....... I'm almost thinking about getting another one. I think my card might be a dud with my 530 core. I'll see how the rest of the numbers look over the next few days...... If I see too many people with solid R480 cores then I'm gonna have to sell mine and start all over..... I won't sleep good at night if peeps are getting 570-600 core and mine is stranded at 530.

BTW.... when you gonna flash it?

Z YA LTR said:

3d05-01.jpg

--Josh

nice score you are just behind my X800 pro unlocked , I can not post my results on orb cause I am using omega driver 5.9, at least that what it appears to say. What driver are most using on the X800GTO2, can you only post your score with an approved driver.

I hit 6340 last night with card at 525/540 and 3800 at 2.5

I read the 1st two pages of this thread, and just skimmed the last.

Damn... looks like you guys are having a lotta fun. Seems like these things OCed are close to X800XLs OCed, no?

g0dM@n said:
I read the 1st two pages of this thread, and just skimmed the last.

Damn... looks like you guys are having a lotta fun. Seems like these things OCed are close to X800XLs OCed, no?
These cards are way past the XL cards. My XL which is on the first page of the ORB for all the 3Dmarks could only clock up to about 460/580 and that was with a air-conditioner blowing inside the case...... my GTO2 clocks up to 530/600 and that's without the AC. And from some other folks it looks like my core might be weak compareably.

Cisco Kid said:
nice score you are just behind my X800 pro unlocked , I can not post my results on orb cause I am using omega driver 5.9, at least that what it appears to say. What driver are most using on the X800GTO2, can you only post your score with an approved driver.

I hit 6340 last night with card at 525/540 and 3800 at 2.5
You do have to use futuremark approved drivers to post now.....

Wow, House, WOW! 530/600 is better than an xt pe... damn, this is tempting. I already bought the 6800LE and played with that, so I'll let you guys have fun with this one. I need to stop buying stuff just to OC and then put into closet, lol.

g0dM@n said:
Wow, House, WOW! 530/600 is better than an xt pe... damn, this is tempting. I already bought the 6800LE and played with that, so I'll let you guys have fun with this one. I need to stop buying stuff just to OC and then put into closet, lol.
You want to talk about tempting? This fella on XS has one and his card "supposedly" clocks up to 630/600 on stock cooling.... if there are cores like that floating about then that's really tempting.;)

Z YA LTR said:

I don't think you'll get those clocks after the flash, I could be wrong but 99% of the time running the hidden pipes means a downclock. Lets hope thats not the case :D

In my small experience with this card it doesn't really seem to change much regarding the number of pipes.... you get more heat but my clocks were roughly the same..... I'll point you folks to this thread and you can make your own decision as to whether it's valid or not...... This guys talking about 620+ on the core with stock cooling.... I don't know if I buy it but that's what he's going with.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75920

Im going to max out the clocks tonight. Then flash to the 16 pipes and see what it will max out to again.

--Josh

Z YA LTR said:
Im going to max out the clocks tonight. Then flash to the 16 pipes and see what it will max out to again.

--Josh
cool...... I hope you do something like a side by side comparison how this card stacks up against your flashed X800pro.

Thats Newegg for you :rolleyes:

HR, I believe those clocks the guy @ XS has. SOUIX another member there recently got a new 850 PE that goes way past that stock. 645/660 if I remember correctly.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Thats Newegg for you :rolleyes:

HR, I believe those clocks the guy @ XS has. SOUIX another member there recently got a new 850 PE that goes way past that stock. 645/660 if I remember correctly.
Well Souix is a respected member of XS, whereas the dude with the magic card posted his card with his first ever post.... looks a bit suspect but I guess we'll see..... Yuriman has a thread here also and his card looks to have a good core so we'll see how good his does..... my second card will be here either Friday or Monday.

deception`` said:
Just wanted to let you guys know...Newegg recently upped the GTO2 price to $299.

WTG Newegg :mad:

deception``
Could be an error in the system since I just bought another one last night for $199 - $203 Shipped...... but of course with newegg it changes daily.

Edit: Just noticed the price is up to $299, you're right deception``..... wow guess I bought mine just in time.... :D

Last edited:
I also got mine for $203 shipped yesterday from newegg. A $100 increase overnight, at this price you might as well get the real X850XT.

Hah, Houserat, you just couldn't deal with the fact that your core was only at 530mhz could you? Good luck with the new one!

Back