• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermalRight SLK-800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

does anyone have one of these i just ordered mine and was wondering if its good or not? i got the thermaltake smartfan 2 also

OMG, i can't beliefe you wasted money on the PIECE OF JUNK!
the stock cooler would have done better....

lol, i think it's funny when people ask after they buy

yes, that is one of the best, if not THE BEST heatsinks for
AMD cpus on the market. a great fan too, gotta love the rheostat.
the color is a bit odd though :p

happy camper here

Good would be an understatement. I reduced cpu max. temp 7C, and got almost 100MHz more overclocking than my old cu hsf. And that was with the old panaflo fan, the new vantec fan hasn't come in yet. The slk800 rivals my home made water block!

Starfoxer said:
OMG, i can't beliefe you wasted money on the PIECE OF JUNK!
the stock cooler would have done better....

lol, i think it's funny when people ask after they buy

yes, that is one of the best, if not THE BEST heatsinks for
AMD cpus on the market. a great fan too, gotta love the rheostat.
the color is a bit odd though :p

OK so ya think its a piece of junk, then you say its the best? What fan, rheostat & color are you talking about? It comes without any fan. Do you know what hsf were talking about here?

peewee said:
does anyone have one of these i just ordered mine and was wondering if its good or not? i got the thermaltake smartfan 2 also

TT Smart Fan II's are orange and come with built in rheo. :)

Penguin4x4 said:

TT Smart Fan II's are orange and come with built in rheo. :)

thank you mr penguin sir :p

dood, see how i was trying to be funny. how he asks after he
buys it. and someone could say how crappy it was. hehe, i was
just messin with the guy. chillll

Welcome! :cool:

I've run the Coolmaster heat pipe HS (forget what it is called), AX7, and am currently running a SLK800.

For these 3 HS, best bang for the $ is AX7 and best is SLK800. Biggest improvement I got at any time was when I lapped my AX7. The SLK800 still beats it by about 1C. At very low fan cfm, the AX7 is suppose to be slightly better than the SLK800.

I've tried variable speed fans but think they're a waste of $. Why not just buy the speed you want?

Thats all I know. Good luck! :beer:

Ya its a great Heat Sink. My temp went down a good 5 degrees when i switched from the SK-6 and went down another 5 when i put on the Vantec Tornado.

Its loud as hell, but my CPU is cool.

I must warn you though, using the thermaltake smartfan2 on the slk-800 won't net you very impressive cooling results, I don't know why, but I have the smartfan2 and the vantec tornado and when I put the smartfan 2 on my temps rose 8c higher under load then when my vantec tornado was on, the slk-800 is weak without a high cfm fan because as we all know copper can "soak up" alot of heat really fast but has problems releasing it without high cfm fans, while aluminum can't soak up heat as fast but it can release it much quicker, that is why we see alot of hybrids out there on the market today, also note that the slk-800 is a huge chunk of copper thus making it harder to cool with a lower cfm fan. God I miss the low temps that the slk-800w/vantec tornado delivers but the noise is too unbearable for me, however I plan to buy/build a rheo so that I can strap the bad boy back on and be in cooling heaven!

hrmm... you need to make it so that teh smart fan runs full blast then.. cause 75 cfm should be enough to get the slk pumpin...

Back