• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think I hurt my Tbred b 2100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zazuk

Think I hurt my Tbred b 2100+, I was able to run it at 2340mhz with 1.75 vcore. I got a new main board NF7-S which allows you to really push the vcore. I have water cooling so I had some fun pushing it up to 2500mhz with a 2.0 vcore it was rock solid I ran it that way for about 3 to 4 weeks with no problems. Then just the other night I started having problems it was starting to become unstable, I tried running prime95 it would crash almost right away, I dropped down to 2340mhz at 1.75 but still was unstable, I have to bump the vcore up to 1.825 to make it stable, I'm thinking I broke one of my horses legs and that I should put it to sleep...

I was kind of wanting to play with a Barton 2500+ anyways...

any thoughts?

Damn. It does look like the voltage hurt it. This serves as proof that T-Breds really don't like voltage. At least it isn't dead...

Same here. When I got my 2400+, it could do 2340 Mhz @ 1.8v, and now, even at 1.85v, It doesnt like anything above 2250 Mhz with watercooling regardless of the voltage.

I've backed down to 2.3 because of the summer weather, and now it looks like great move that I did. This definitely serves as a caution against using high voltages. And these are both DUT3C's. DLT3C's tend to hate voltages even more. Sorry it had to turn out this way for you guys :(.

Found my problem.... I had added some more memory.... It passed memtest 3.0 however when running prime 95 it would cause it to error out. I slowed down the memory timing and I'm back up at 2500mhz with 2.0 core voltage.

I found this out after I orders a new 1700+ from ExcaliberPC, which I should getting tomorrow or thursday.:rolleyes:

I've asked this before, hopefully someone will reply this time.

Are you not only supposed to push Vcore to 2.0 V briefly when benchmarking. I thought 2.0 V kills CPUs if used extensively and that's why 1.8x is the top safe Vcore.

If you have promethia cooling or comparable, then it probably wont be damaged, but either way, if you use 2.0v and it's stable, the processor will have a shorter life..

How much shorter will its life be if you use 2.0v? How long will its life be? Instead of living like 7 years will it live like 3 or 4 years? If it only live 3 or 4 years than by them its time to upgrade anyway.

Back