• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think of Doing a 4P but need input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you guys pick 6176 SE OR 6276 ES let me know soon

6180sevs6276es.png

proj 6180se 6276es
8101 450K 600k
8103 600k 800k

both are OCs 6180se is at 2775 and 6276se is at 3600

ok pulled the trigger ordered 8 6276 ES
i will feel this on pay day LOL

can some one point me to the modded bios i want to look at the code or talk to the creator. see about writing a program that can make the changes by way of bios injection.
like a fake NIC with boot code to over ride stock bios..

ok the guy asked me if i want retail chips or ES chips
what are pros and cons to them ??

Last edited:
only ES can be OC retail you will be running at 2.6ghz max

There is no bios for ES OC. Just change the muliplier per se ... you can find lots of info on this thread _http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1715566&page=10

Warning: If you are not careful, burning wallet is exactly what it will be..... for example you will need 1250W PSU for this beast and many more things

only ES can be OC retail you will be running at 2.6ghz max

There is no bios for ES OC. Just change the muliplier per se ... you can find lots of info on this thread _http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1715566&page=10

Warning: If you are not careful, burning wallet is exactly what it will be..... for example you will need 1250W PSU for this beast and many more things

ok so ES it is.

this thing will have crazy air flow and be in a temp controlled room at 65F or so wine room has 90k BTU REF unit so overkill:rofl: fyi i don't drink wine it was that way when i got the house first thing that pop into my head was Over clocking ROOM it can be set as low as 10deg F and it's BIG 10ftX11ft has 12in thick walls and 2 240V outlets plus 6 120v outlets

update (not even time to finish post lol)
ok he let me know that he will send me 10 and they will be ZS262660TGG45 witch is nice as they are 6282's ES to help me with the project.
so free shout to Mark my company's direct AMD dealer:salute:
i have been asked to not post what i really paid.:censored:
but i will say total cost of this project is not even close to what i was thinking when i made the jump to dual 4P builds..think dual 4P with used cheep 6128's and you get the idea
a 2p water cooled build will be following this dual 4p build to replace my 2700K rig that feeds all them screens LOL but not tell this is done

update 2
Tracking says boards get here on Tuesday ram and 212's the day after and case parts Friday. cpus i can pickup at work on Monday reason 2 i made the phone call vs ebay (was not expecting him to help so much)
if you don't know i work for a data center manage DNS servers and hardware upgrades
so this was going to be a 45 day build but now it looks like might be trashing WU's and building points in under 10 days.

good link BTW
do you know if Overclocking will work from a VM under ESXi ????
i really want to have them as part of my encoding cluster when needed

Last edited:
The HAF X and HAF 932 will both accommodate a Supermicro AMD H8 series 4-P G34 board. I'm using both cases with 4P systems. They are very good coolers. It's a tight fit for both cases, but they work very well with modifications.

Last edited:
The HAF X and HAF 932 will both accommodate a Supermicro AMD H8 series 4-P G34 board. I'm using both cases with 4P systems. They are very good coolers. It's a tight fit for both cases, but they work very well with modifications.

using custom trays and back plain in Mountain Mods Extended Ascension
with dual Antec 1200watt PSU's
sitting on Pedestal 24 with a 3rd 850 watt psu with quad quad140mm RADs
4 MCP355 pumps and 2 fan controllers (case and stuff has been setting unused & forgotten)
+6" casters so i can move it around.

so total update of this project

CASE = Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24(owned but forgot i had it:rofl:) +
custom trays (Sheet Stock ordered will cut,drill,and tap on home CnC)..
RAM = Gskill 128GB (64GB per system) (Paid)..
Hard disks = WD raptors (4 total 2 per system raid 1) (Owned)..
Coolers = 212's with homemade CnC'd brackets (Paid)(i have a CnC and a 3D printer:p)..
CPU's = 6282 ES's (PAID)..
will mill custom water blocks for the VRM's and CPU's at a later date.
anything else you guys can think of

Question do you think if i cool the mobo trays and add Thermal pads it will help the VRMs used with Enzotech MOS-C10 think 5mm thick alu tray with fins or a water loop

Last edited:
This build sounds incredible, I can't wait to see it in progress.

VM/ESXi work fine with OCing, as long as your oc is stable :)

i managed to get my 2600k to hold a 24/7 stable 5.3Ghz at 1.42v still running 2 years later killed 2 ASUS Motherboards:bang head picked up a msi Z77A-GD65 for cheep when it first came out and have not had a problem sense

(and just so people know on the ASUS boards BOTH had cold solder joints and lots of them they work fine now after Re-flowing them the problem was around the VRMS and CPU socket it self)
one is in my living room computer and the other is my HTPC.

and 5.311Ghz is not bad on Air:D
thanks to my modded Silver Arrow (the biggest HS i have ever seen 3X140mm)

bios Settings for anyone that wants to know
CPU ratio 53X
base clock 100.1Mhz
Vcore 1.48V (volt meter reeds 1.41~1.42 under load)
Vdroop 87.5%
CPUIO 1.135v
CPUSA 1.18v
CPU PLL 1.675V
PCH 1.15V
DDR Vref 0.85V
DDR 1.655V (XMP old ram at 1866mhz 8-7-8-t1)
Prime95 temps after 4hours 62C~68C on cores using realtemp
not bad at all now i tested 3 2600K's and of the 3 only 1 broke 5.1Ghz under 1.48~1.5V
the CPU HAS NO HEAT SPREADER so don't try this on Air you have been warned.....
and on A4 WU using only the 4 real cores it avg's around 28K PPD

Last edited:
You are going to HAVE to post up pics of this build, Joe!

Gotta see it. Gotta drool over it.

Back