• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thunderbird 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

Thunderbird 3.0 is live:
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

It feels faster and adds a bunch of new features.

I do have some complaints however:
The interface is extremely unpolished. Particularly in the reading pane, things are not capitalized properly (picky, I know, but its important), there is a lot of space around the header information that just makes it look odd.

The update wiped all of my toolbar customizations.

The new email pop-up doesn't use WinXP styles so it looks Win98.

There's a little "favorites star" next to names in your address book which apparently can't be removed.

They added some buttons to the reading pane without the option to remove them.

I'm still trying to find config options to fix everything...

Anyone else have thoughts?

I noticed that there is a button dedicated to config:eek:ptions so you don't have to type it in manually. When new mail comes in, it turned the header blue (instead of a 'starburst' like it used to be) which makes it a bit harder to see. I'm hoping that I can adjust that.

Didn't upgrade yet. Probably will do at some point...also need to figure out a way to share a profile across two computers that aren't always on the same network...

Back