• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To all A7N8x-e Deluxe, 2800+ barton users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chado

Registered
ok, i have an Asus A7N8X-e Deluxe and Barton 2800+ on the way (yes i know I should have went with an NF7-S but its too late now) and it's my first overclock. Im just curious to all others who have the same cpu/mobo combo what their plan of attack was. How many fans, what kind of fans, what HSF, what you fsb/multiplier combination was, etc. THis may be in the wrong forum but CPU isnt allowing new posts or something like that.. anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated... oh, I also have arctic silver 5 on the way.

Large, and lots of them? :p

This board doesn't support 5-bit FID changes, so you are stuck with the lower range of multis (5x-12.5x). You overclock just like you would any other motherboard, keep the multi at say 9x and push the FSB/mem up to the max you can go, test with memtest86+. Then push the multi up, keeping an eye on temps and checking for stability with Prime95 each time. Bump the voltage up a notch when you hit instability.

FYI I am at 11x200 with a Tbred-B, 1.65V (rough estimate of volts)
Thermalright SK7/smartfan 2 and 6 case fans :D

Back