• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tornado 92 mm 199cfm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
just got 2 of these they are from pctoys they are 92mm tornado maxx f5 199cfm each and not to loud either any one know where i can find the tornado f5 in an 80 mm

no it says right on the side of the box for specs weight 187 grams rated voltage 12 volts rated power 12.5 v rated current 1.0 amp airflow 199 cfm fan speed 4800rpm noise level 56.4 db/a bearing type double ball bearing

Are your tornado's the same as the vantecs? if they are my 80mm is loud, but it does push air out, but nothing close to yours even though its a 92.

countermods said:
no it says right on the side of the box for specs weight 187 grams rated voltage 12 volts rated power 12.5 v rated current 1.0 amp airflow 199 cfm fan speed 4800rpm noise level 56.4 db/a bearing type double ball bearing

I doubt it's 199...that must be a typo. It's supposed to be 119 CFM. Also, 56.4 dBA is loud as hell...trust me...I have one. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Is this what you bought?
http://www.pctoys.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=127

If so, that's the pctoys equivalent of the Vantec Tornado manufactured by Sunon. (BTW, It says 119 CFM on the site)

You could've gotten the same fan for a lot cheaper. SVC has good prices on cooling items.

nerdlogic said:

If so, that's the pctoys equivalent of the Vantec Tornado manufactured by Sunon. (BTW, It says 119 CFM on the site)

You could've gotten the same fan for a lot cheaper. SVC has good prices on cooling items.

Actually all Vantec fans are made by other companies. They simply put a Vantec sticker on em, package em, and send em out.:)

Oh, I thought the tornado was manufactured by sunon. Well, then it's the exact equivalent of the Vantec Tornado sold to pctoys. :D

Penguin4x4 said:

Actually all Vantec fans are made by other companies. They simply put a Vantec sticker on em, package em, and send em out.:)

those lamos!!! thats why you should go with delta:D but htey dont make a 92mm version :( my Delta is 80mm and 80CFM:D

ok guys listen up this is aa pctoys tornado f5 series will put up pic later it says on side of both boxes 199cfm and yes it is loud but im used to it i have 2 air conditioners in my room running 24/7

I have a pctoys 92MM tornado. it said 119CFM on the box. its a typo man, thats all.

CrashOveride said:
trust us. its NOT 199CFM no matter what it says, its probably a lie or a typo and it is like just labled by PCtoys like waht vantec does:D

lol, yea every site iv been to says 119, never ever 199

countermods said:
ok guys listen up this is aa pctoys tornado f5 series will put up pic later it says on side of both boxes 199cfm and yes it is loud but im used to it i have 2 air conditioners in my room running 24/7

Did you see the link I put up? It states that it's the Tornado F5 fan series and it runs at 119. That should be the one you're talking about.

Here it is again:
http://www.pctoys.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=127

EDIT:
A little side note...pctoys is way overpriced! $21.95 for a fan?! That's ridiculous! I got the exact same fan for $14.99 (or $13.99, I don't remember) from SVC.

CrashOveride said:

those lamos!!! thats why you should go with delta:D but htey dont make a 92mm version :( my Delta is 80mm and 80CFM:D

Delta makes all, or close to all, sizes of fans, they're just hard to find though :(

About the 199 CFM...like someone else said, it doesn't make sense if a Delta 120 comes close to pushing that, while being that much larger...its definitely a typo.

not a typo called pctoys and they confirmed 199cfm for the 92mm tornado f5 in the orangeish yellow box

In that case, its BS. I don't see that as being all that possible, and having a name that's quite analogous to Vantec's, which we've established is 119 :rolleyes:, raises some suspicion.

countermods said:
not a typo called pctoys and they confirmed 199cfm for the 92mm tornado f5 in the orangeish yellow box

well then they are straight up lying or their support guys dont know what they aretalking about...

Back