• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

True Combat:Elite spammiest FPS on the net

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NB

Disabled
ok, guys, here it is. probably none of you here know it.
im here to share with you the best FPS on the internet. its the most realistic FPS there is. its not a new game, its been around for many years but due to its unpublicity it stayed pretty much unknown. dont know if you noticed, but a LOT of games made today and games made not so many years ago are slow and have so bright and too outlined and overdone graphics that it looses 3 dimensionality and a sense of distance is lost, everything looks the same. and i think thats one of the reasons most new games are sh*t, because developers focus on graphics first and gameplay second or third...
also lightning is wrong and some objects look like they have some light source directed towards them at all times, but thats another topic.

TCE is nothing like that, proper arcade gameplay fps action, with obj and bc modes, with one of the best graphics ive seen in any pc game, light and realistic. and new maps and weapons mods still in development. if your computer can run Wolfenstein Enemy Territory it can run TCE.

but there are some small problem with TCE. unfortunately afaik new ID software server update messed something up and now only servers with players are visible in game browser. empty servers are still there but needs to be connected manually with ip, but then can be put to favourites, so no problem there. but if somebody would write to ID software maybe that could be easily fixed.
there is all included TCE installer that can be downloaded here:

also if you wanna see some gameplay vids, heres some:

so if you like real games that require speed and skill, like games that used to be made back in the day instead of unrealistic candygraphics noob oriented nogameplay BS thats made these days, then TCE is for you. so everybody is welcome.

ah yes. its free

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the headsup, but I will certainly pass on this game. It looks like an Xbox game from 2000 to me... (You mentioned Wolfenstein, and I was thinking Return to Castle Wolfenstein on the Xbox, LOL!).

That is, if this post isn't just SPAM...?

na, its not like wolfenstein. its the coolest FPS on the net... but its pretty much unknown.
if you like FPS games i suggest you check out some more videos of TCE on youtube.

Last edited:
I watched all 13 minutes of it. No thank you, I like good graphics, I'm a 'unrealistic candygraphics noob oriented nogameplay BS" kind of guy. And from what I have seen this is really no different than any other honestly. Also, I inferred it REMINDED me of RtC Wolfenstein from 2000 meaning the graphics...

Thanks again though. :)

I used to play the original True Combat when it was a Quake 3 mod. It was a great game then. Still probably good but nothing to go running back to imo.

Sorry guys, this person comes up as a spammer with our tools, so he is no longer a member here.

Back