• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turned off turbo core with AMD Over Drive, Cant turn it back on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

milovic

I was experimenting with the program and turned off my turbo core to increase my multiplyer. But the option to turn it back on is greyed out. Ive tried going into settings and clicking "default profile" but that didnt work. I also looked in my BIOS and nothing was there either.

i have an AMD a10-5700

I would try a bios reset or clear cmos if you will. Then look for the option for turbo core in bios and adjust accordingly there instead of using AMD Overdrive. Your main overclocking should be done in bios as well.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Uninstall AMD Overdrive and if that doesn't do it, re-install it. This is why we tell people to overclock in the bios in the first place rather than relying on buggy software like AMDOD. Or, you could configure AMDOD to just no automatically load withe Windows.

Thanks guys. Re-installing it worked, its back on.

As far as overclocking in my BIOS, I've never seen anywhere I could do that?

Thanks guys. Re-installing it worked, its back on.

As far as overclocking in my BIOS, I've never seen anywhere I could do that?

You can't because that's an HP OEM motherboard.

you are stuck with AMD OverDrive. Use it and enjoy.

Except when i try and up the multiplyer it doesn't save. Honestly im just going to buy another motherboard

Thanks for all the replies though.

Except when i try and up the multiplyer it doesn't save. Honestly im just going to buy another motherboard

Haha, I have the exact same Motherboard and everything as you. My GPU is different though. Apparently though, My Max. CPU Speed is 3.4 GHz, but with the Turbo it goes(should)4.2 GHz. But I never see my CPU go up that high, the highest I see it go is 3.64 GHz and thats it. The Power is staying around 1.3 - 1.2 V(It changes a lot). Can you guys help me with this D:

I would assume it doesn't change since that processor 's Multi is locked. Only the K series are unlocked.

I would assume it doesn't change since that processor 's Multi is locked. = Yes and Amen. AOD will not or cannot override either the nature of the cpu nor a locked down bios.
Bobert...

Back