• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two different OC settings, weirdly different results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultracougar

Originally I had a question about two different results from different settings, but just to be short and to the point, I'm running an i5-6600k at 4.4ghz with the vcore set manually to 1.35 V. I actually end up getting 1.28V solid at full load with AIDA 64 and 1.312 V Idle, and I think I'm happy with being at 1.312V 24/7. However, it doesn't have the advantage of the auto setting of the motherboard where the voltage automatically lowers itself if my core speed is slower. Is there a way to make it so that my voltage lowers itself if the CPU isn't under full load? Or is 1.312 V all the time, regardless of the core speed of the cpu a safe thing?

Last edited:
Not sure what the safe voltage is for skylake but assuming those are ok, there shouldn't be an issue running it 24/7.

Don't have an ASrock board but I assume it has something like an "adaptive mode" like Asus. On Asus adaptive lets you specify the maximum voltage for "turbo" and then it automatically sets voltage based on the chip needs for anytime the multiplier isn't maxed out.

Back