• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ubiquiti PoE switches are too damned high.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I'm looking to get a 24 port PoE managed switch to fill out my network and start to put the project into it's final stages. $699 new!? Out of stock too!? Has Ubiquiti lost their collective mind!? I've purchased used Ubiquiti and been lucky to date. Used gen 1 are going for about $300 shipped. Tough pill to swallow.

Do I keep going with Ubiquiti or do I switch to TPLink managed networks?

To date I have 1.2 GBps Internet. a Modem that will output 2.5 and a 2.5 GBps (unmanaged) switch that serves as the backbone. I have a Cisco PoE switch that I need to get rid of. 2 x Ubiquiti WAPs. I have a Ubiquiti gen 2 Cloud key plus. I also have a 2.5 GBps pfsense machine doing the routing and dhcp.

If it makes sense, I'd ditch it all and go to TPLink. Not spent much time considering switching though.

What are your thoughts on an inexpensive managed home network?

Edit: I must be thinking of another inexpensive Chinese brand. TPLink does not seem to be in the managed networking business.

Edit 2: TRENDnet. Ouch. I thought Ubiquiti was high.

Last edited:
Back