• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Umm, what is this supposed to mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

[02:40:30] Writing local files
[02:41:29] Completed 1468771 out of 2000000 steps (73)
[02:41:29] Extra SSE boost OK.
[06:17:51] Writing local files
[06:17:53] Completed 1480000 out of 2000000 steps (74)
[06:20:59] - Couldn't open work/wudata_03.chk
[06:22:29] Size of work/wudata_03.xtc not what saved.
[06:22:29]
[06:22:29] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FILE_IO_ERROR
[06:22:32] CoreStatus = 75 (117)
[06:22:32] Error opening or reading from a file.
[06:22:32] Deleting current work unit & continuing...

This is one of those 70 point gromacs it has been working on all day! Could that mean my system is unstable or what?

exactly right.

system is unstable. first on the hit parade should be your ram, then hd (pci bus), then chip.

FILE_IO_ERROR:
An error that occurs when disk operations go bad. This is a fairly general error, having many sub-types. It has plummeted in frequency since the release of Gromacs Core 1.46. Now, this error usually happens when a hardware error occurs: something like "Write 0010, read back 0011". If you experience this error, make sure your hard drives are OK: run ScanDisk, CHKDSK, or fsck, make sure the IDE bus is in spec, make sure you're using good IDE cables, and make sure the drive isn't dying.

FILE_IO_ERROR has also been reported to occur if two Console clients working on the same unit are started. This can occur if you accidentally start one client twice on a dually, instead of two clients once.

I cut this from the folding-community website:
http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=4824

Thanks. The drive is perfectly fine. It is a maxtor 120gb 7200rpm 8mb cache that I started using last week. I haven't changed anything or messed with settings, and the problem never came back. I'm starting to think it might have something to do with the nvidia SW driver. If it happens again, that driver is gone. Oh yeah, it's nforce2 so pci out of spec is not an issue.

Some times it just happens for no good reason. If you get it loads and you comps is all going fine then you should re-download and installed folding@home, worked for me.

Back