• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlock Question!!! Noob!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

When you unlock your chip, does it always specify one model lower?

Example: If you have 2000+ it says 1900+ on post screen
If you have 1900+ it says 1800+ on post screen
If you have 1800+ it says 1700+ on post screen

Is this correct?

Everytime I unlock it does this, and I am just curious if everyone gets this. Sorry for the noob question. Thx for your time:D :burn:

The answer would have to be "No".You propably failed to unlock the first from the left (I believe) L1 bridge, or your filling material didn't do its job right and that specific bridge is shorted, so you can't get x0.5 multies. I suggest you redo this , and only this bridge, clean it thoroughly and redo

The Coolest said:
The answer would have to be "No".You propably failed to unlock the first from the left (I believe) L1 bridge, or your filling material didn't do its job right and that specific bridge is shorted, so you can't get x0.5 multies. I suggest you redo this , and only this bridge, clean it thoroughly and redo

Isn't the multiplier on the 1800 11.5 though? So I think he's getting the 0.5 multies, it's just whenever he unlocks the chip goes to a lower xp rating. I don't know about that being bad unlocking though since I just started to try building an Athlon XP system, and I can't even get it to POST yet :(

well I might be right, and he just gotta redo the whole unlock, remove all the filling material, and start from scratch. that'd be my best suggestion

Thats what I just did, I am able to get the .5 multiplyers also. I was just asking if it was normal for it to show wrong model #. It doesnt affect performance what so ever.:p

Back