• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocked 2800 barton help???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micoyote1

Registered
Well I decided to return my 2700 T/B and hope that the 2800 barton that I ordered was unlocked....and luck was on my side it was unlocked. Now being that it is unlocked What would be the best way to go about finding the best overclock setting. I am some what familiar with overclocking, but I have a couple of questions.

1. I have the asus a7n8x-x mb and I read that these boards don't clock over 200mgz very well, is this true, and if so what would be the best board for this chip?

2. Is it better to ajust the multiplier or the front bus speed...which gives the best results? I have the vcore settings thing figured out, but the fbs and the multi are still a bit confusing to me.

3. Do the memory timmings need to be ajusted or are the defult setting good to go?

"This place is better than any book" :clap:

micoyote1 said:
Well I decided to return my 2700 T/B and hope that the 2800 barton that I ordered was unlocked....and luck was on my side it was unlocked. Now being that it is unlocked What would be the best way to go about finding the best overclock setting. I am some what familiar with overclocking, but I have a couple of questions.

1. I have the asus a7n8x-x mb and I read that these boards don't clock over 200mgz very well, is this true, and if so what would be the best board for this chip?

2. Is it better to ajust the multiplier or the front bus speed...which gives the best results? I have the vcore settings thing figured out, but the fbs and the multi are still a bit confusing to me.

3. Do the memory timmings need to be ajusted or are the defult setting good to go?
"This place is better than any book" :clap:

1- The Asus is a good mobo but ..When I had one I couldnt get it stable with a FSB over 200.. no matter what I did.. But not all are like this some people do get lucky and get past 200.. I currently use a Abit NF7-s rev2 and its awsome ..stable at 220FSB ..I also had it up to 230 but I didnt like the fact I had to relax my timings to do that.. IMO and many others prolly the NF7 is the best OC'n Nforce mobo..

2- More FSB is always better cuz it speeds up everything and not just cpu..

What brand and type ram do you have ?

3- Timings can always be tweaked ...But that depends on what type of ram you have and how fast your gona run the FSB..

And yes this place is better than a book....hehe :)

Thunda

Thanks for the advice...looks like Monday I will be investing in a nf7-s board...hope it does the trick....any suggestions on a set of digital speakers for it?

I am running 2x256 pc 3200 Elixer memory...it shows up in sandra 2004 as a samsung product...??????.....not sure what to make of that though.

That would be my guess...I have never heard of elixer before, but the guy at the computor supply store told me it was good memory and it was what the put in all there systems....I took his word for it.. do you think it is good memory? If not what would the better choice be?

Back