• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updates concerning the Xigmatek Achillies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

Ok well heres the deal, unfortunately the Achillies coolers that were sent out for review are not finalized products, they were for show purposes only. The finalized product will have minor changes in design to it, changes unfortunately i cannot inform you about at this time. However Xigmatek assures me that as soon as the information is available on the changes that are being made, they will forward it to me to pass it along to you guys. Expect to hear this information after Computex. :bday:

What does this mean? Try not to use the current reviews you see as the basis of your decision on how well the Achillies performs. I myself am anticipating better performance from the finalized models as Xigmatek takes a great deal of time and effort into ensuring that their designs work well. So if you had high hopes of the achillies you can keep those hopes high because there is still alot more to see from this awesome looking cooler.

And that question probably gets into the realm of NDA's, nd4spdbh2.

Spawne32, I'll be looking forward to you posting what the changes are when you can talk about it.:D

The way the exposed heatpipes are arranged in the review models don't get as much contact on the IHS as they could. Reviewer models show their heatpipes are staggered left/right at the base. The 2 outer pipes hang off the edge of the IHS, meaning less than 50% of those two pipes' flattened area is in contact with the CPU. The way the middle 2 pipes are staggered, their flattened part hangs off the edge of the IHS on one side, meaning they are getting less than 100% of their flat surface in contact with the CPU.... probably around 85-95% contact.

Yes unfortunately it is all under NDA atm, after computex they will be releasing all the information, but i will say arkaine that they have taken note of all the issues people have addressed, and they do happen to browse the forums and look at what people are saying ;)

Back