• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading GPU RX570 8GB Bottlekneck SB 2600k Vice Versa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm going to be upgrading my GPU from my current 7850 2GB to a RX570 8GB will my 2600k Bottle kneck it at stock I recently upgraded my RAM from 8GB to 16GB I don't want to buy it if I will get a lot or average performance

if you are at 1080p I would say from no to a little depending on the game, a 2600K will slightly bottleneck a 1060, and I would think a 570 is slightly below that.

I think it will not bottleneck on 1080p, might be some bottleneck on higher resolution. But I don't your are planning to play games on more than 1080p resolution with RX570

At 1080p, that cpu will put a glass ceiling on some titles with that GPU. I wouldnt imagine too much...but overclocking it will be a good idea regardless.

As far as RAM, if you are using all of it, getting more is a good idea. 16gb is the sweet spot today really. I know a couple titles that will push my overall ram use well over 8gb.

Back