• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

I bought some new ram (URL="https://www.amazon.com/Team-1600MHz-SODIMM-System-Memory/dp/B00XC1SIFS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1546356320&sr=8-9&keywords=team+elite+ram"]LINK[/URL] for my HP G62x-400.

I installed it an cannot get anything to boot. Both the installed windows and the windows install CD gives me a blue screen and reboots. The computer does not recognize memtest (CD or USB) as bootable, but only with the new ram.

I thought I would check in to see if there is anythign else i should try before i RMA.

Yes I was in the bios. It reads both sticks. The bios has a memory check program, I am not sure what it does but it claims the ram is functioning properly.

When I put the old ram back in the computer works fine.

Does your laptop require low voltage RAM? DDR3 1600 SODIM comes in 1.35v and 1.5 versions. Usually, the low voltage RAM will have "L" in the model identifier.

Back