• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB issues with old rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

Dont rip my head off, as i know i should hae posted somwhere else, but this fits in 2 sections, so i hope its ok here.

I am working on trying to make the USB ports on one of my boss's rigs.

Info:
M7NCG 400 motherboard, AMD CPU
Windows XP Pro SP3

The problem. USB ports dont work what so ever. You can plug a USB and windows will do an almost endless search for drivers, but never find anything.

So i went on Biostars home page and got the latest USB 2.0 Driver, when installing this, it comes up and says, i need to upgrade to SP2. It has SP3..

I then got the original driver cd and tried once more. The cd had USB drivers that wanted me to update to SP1.

Now, anyone have a clue on where i can find a USB 2.0 driver for this mainboard that works on SP3.

A quick google search, informed me HP laptops have had this issue, after SP3.

Anyone with a clue on how to fix this?

Thank you.

What controllers are present in device manager?
You may just have to suck it up and convince your boss to buy a $10 USB 2.0 PCI card.

What controllers are present in device manager?
You may just have to suck it up and convince your boss to buy a $10 USB 2.0 PCI card.

When you say what controlleres what do you mean?

They worked with SP2, but not with SP3. Its to do with drivers for SP3.

From what i can read its a common problem, for many, but there are no fixes.

Getting a card is a fix, but its not the right fix. This should be fixable without having to buy anything.

Back