• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using GTX 460 Se & HD Radeon 5670

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marcum86

Hello Everyone! This is my first ever post and I wanted say that i've loved using this website for its many "how-to" reference pages for overclocking - i've come to appreciate my computer and it's capabilities in a new way because of you guys. Anyway, to my question.

- Like the title states, I've ordered "recently" the EVGA GTX 460 SE to replace my stock video card, the HD Radeon 5670 in order to run "Rift" at higher FPS and overall experience.

I have 2 vid slots, and felt silly for not attempting to at least use both cards (if possible) together in conjunction or even separately (as I use x2 monitors).
My monitors:
1. *Primary - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...=3884696&prodTypeId=382087&objectID=c02190464

2. *Secondary - https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc...seCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3357292

Since I seem to be having trouble inserting a sig, this is my Comp Spec:
OS - Windows 7 Home 64-bit
Alienware Aurora R2 Chasis
CPU - i3 540 3.07Ghz (not overclocked just yet)
Mobo - Alienware 0RV30W (LGA 1156)
GPU - #1 NIVIDA GeForce GTX 460 SE - #2 ATI Radeon HD 5670
Memory - 3.00GB DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Hard Drive - 488GB Seatgate; 977GB Western Digital

*My intent is to run my system at its most optimum and stable settings to allow best gameplay (Rift Game) on my Primary monitor and use my secondary for browsing, etc during gameplay.
- I also understand I need a minimum of 4gb for a 64 bit system (as well as optimal settings for my game), I will do this as soon as money permits :)
- I am new to configuring my system and look forward to your help.

Thanks!

I've never run a mixed nVidia/Ati system so cant add any input I'm afraid.

But you dont need 4GB RAM to run a 64bit OS. There is no minimum RAM requirement at all :thup:

Back