• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2k3 crashes during every map change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yanks111

Just installed Win2k Pro on a newly formatted harddrive, loaded up ut2k3, and the game was working fine.

THen, about 15 minutes ago I was playing and every single time the map changed, it would dump be back to desktop with this: UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2002-09-19_17.26]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1399 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9700/9500 SERIES (6255)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (MapVoteReplicationInfo DM-Insidious.MapVoteReplicationInfo, Function MapVote400b6.MapVoteReplicationInfo_OpenWindow) <- RemoteCall <- HandleStream <- UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch <- (Actor MapVoteReplicationInfo) <- UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch <- Direct <- UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch <- DispatchDataToChannel <- BunchData <- UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <- UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <- UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <- UpdatePreNet <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

This is quite annoying, especially when most matches only last about 5-10 minutes :mad:

I see by the text there, you're running one of the older versions. I'd install the latest patch, for starters. I've been running the v2181 Beta patch on my "gaming" rig, and both of my dedicated servers, and have had zero problems with it.

I'm also curious to all the references to the MapVote program....did you install this yourself, or did you get it when you logged on to a server? I'm wondering if the MapVote files might be the problem. I use that exact program on my servers,but have never had anything like this happen. The way it dumps you only during map changes tells me this is quite possibly the problem. Did you install it exactly as directed in the "READ ME" file?

Brian

oops, yeah I forgot to load the new patch,

and i picked up the mapvote when I logged on to the server.....you think thats the problem? I should probly try to uninstall it, and recheck.

I dont know if it would help much, but after you do what MR.B mentioned, a defrag would not hurt. It does sound like a network or server problem though.

I THINK I got my problem taken care of. Updated to the new patch and all is fine :D

Back