• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

v5 and XP - What drivers u use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoPMatrix

I just got a new HD last night....
stuck XPpro on it
I knew i was guna have probs with it not like the voodoo5
But figured I could just get 3rd party drivers from voodoofiles.com
But I cant get any of them to work right...
I tryed "Dozers drivers" They worked for a few hours perfect, then all of a sudden I would only get 80fps in Descent 3, normaly 200avg... (craped out on me)
Tryed "hujir hoes" They didnt work at all when i tryed to detect glide the comp would restart...
I tryed a few X-3dfx drivers, didnt work... Wouldnt detect glide...
I think it might be a prob with the 3dfx tools, the icon is in the sys tray but i cant load the tool, I got to display props and the advanced tab, were the 3dfx tools are susposed to be,, they dont load it just goes to the normal windows adapter setup, no glide options or anything....

I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten any drivers to work in XP for the v5 and what ones ya used....

sorry for the rambling, not that happy right now :p
thx

ya i know that already :p
tryin to see if anyone has found any that accually WORK

yeah

i use cairey's (CA) drivers with the glidexp files. this is the best combo for sure.(well, at least until the 1.09.00's are released.)

uh

im not a big fan of AMIGAMERLIN's drivers. i liked his win9x ones(they were based on omega's), but for me, cairey's drivers are best. theyre a little harder to set up, but in the end, with glidexp, they have the best performance and quality.

Most of the drivers i tryed couldnt even detect glide, I couldn't get any of them to make the v5 run like it does in 9x.
I think I tryed every version of drivers on that site, The best ones out of all of em only got me like 80fps in games i usly avg like 300 in, like descent3
So I gave up on it after 3 days, slicked my HD and went back to good old 98se =)

Back