• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertcoin mining and HW errors in miner r9 290 cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pacek

Registered
hey

i get HW errors in just 1 card - other cards seems fine (4 r9 290 rig).. mining vertcoin with this settings - cards are sapphire tri-x r9 290 hynix

system windows 8.1 and 16gb ram

why HW errors? and anyone have better settings STABLE i mean for more kh/s and less rejection shares :)

del scrypt*.bin
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.vertc...... -u -p -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 20481 --gpu-engine 980 --gpu-memclock 1480

vertcoin-hw-errors.jpg

Not all cards like the same settings you may have to play with the TC value for that card or the Intensity level. Could also see if lowering the ram clocks help as well.

The settings for both of the 290s I have running at I=19/20 TC 24550. The "G" is set to 2 though and W= 512... but that is mining at the waffle as well so it may not apply here?

TBH, I too get HW errors. I have been since I first started VTC mining.

Sometimes I get 4 sometime just 1. But since the card hashes without issue, I ignore it. :chair:

Silver, you need to get that resolved as even though it shows proper hashrate you don't get credit for all of the work.

vtc is a bit more touchy than reg scrypt, u gotta try a couple lower I/TC settings

u should see utc, so twitchy, ud think vtc is love-on-rails :D

Back