• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED R9 270X settings in cgminer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For now I set 270X on the same board with GTX780. Both cards make ~1050-1070 kh/s. R9 290X is running at about 420-430 kh/s at the same settings as on other board was making ~460 but here is set as 2nd card on pcie x4 slot and cgminer is showing some errors with screen setup at start ( have to fix that later ).
Also when I set 270X as 2nd card in last pcie slot then clock, voltage and fan control isn't working. Can live with that as stock clocks are already high and OC isn't really helping.

Anyway it's much better so thanks again for help :)

One thing which is weird is that after oc this card is not really faster. I like nvidia more :p

188Kh :thup:
Sapphire Dual-x BF4 OC 270x @ 1120 core 1500 memory, 1.19 volts (BIOS modded lower)

thanks

getting 189 hash from MSI 270 OC (not x version), no core and memory times in the batch file, does this mean its running stock clocks?

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
D:\Mining\cgminer-3.7.2-sj-0.02\cgminer-3.7.2-sj-0.02\cgminer.exe --scrypt-jane -o stratum+tcp://ultra.leetpools.com:3333 -u x -p x --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://ultra.leetpools.net:3333 -u x -p x --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale --scan-time 1 -I 18 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 15508 --temp-target 76 --auto-fan --gpu-fan 40-80 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85

I really start to hate mining on AMD or at least on R9 270X.
I set it on H55 board and it was running at ~460 kh/s ( as I said couple of posts above ). Later I moved it to Z87 board and then it was mining at about ~420 kh/s set as 2nd card.
Today I moved it back to H55 with the same scrypt as before and card is crashing after about 10 mins, miner stops responding etc.
I set Oklahoma Wolf's scrypt from #3 post ... ~400 kh/s so I changed it slightly and got 450 kh/s but after couple of mins there was black screen and all freezed. After restart different settings that were working earlier ... white/black stripes on the screen. Some more playing with settings and I made it run for 1h+ but only at ~380 kh/s.
when I set higher clocks = kh/s is dropping or it loses stability
when I set too high or too low TC = kh/s is dropping or it loses stability
when I set -g 2 = kh/s is dropping or it loses stability
when I set -I 19/20 = it randomly loses stability depends from other settings

Silver_Pharaoh's settings were working 2-3 days ago at about ~440-450 kh/s, today not even stable and system/board are exactly the same.

It's not normal that cards on the same chips and the same clocks have different performance and need different settings to keep stability.
I have no issues like that on nvidia. I simply set basic scrypt without many changes and it's mining always the same.

I really start to hate mining on AMD or at least on R9 270X.
I set it on H55 board and it was running at ~460 kh/s ( as I said couple of posts above ). Later I moved it to Z87 board and then it was mining at about ~420 kh/s set as 2nd card.
Today I moved it back to H55 with the same scrypt as before and card is crashing after about 10 mins, miner stops responding etc.
I set Oklahoma Wolf's scrypt from #3 post ... ~400 kh/s so I changed it slightly and got 450 kh/s but after couple of mins there was black screen and all freezed. After restart different settings that were working earlier ... white/black stripes on the screen. Some more playing with settings and I made it run for 1h+ but only at ~380 kh/s.
when I set higher clocks = kh/s is dropping or it loses stability
when I set too high or too low TC = kh/s is dropping or it loses stability
when I set -g 2 = kh/s is dropping or it loses stability
when I set -I 19/20 = it randomly loses stability depends from other settings

Silver_Pharaoh's settings were working 2-3 days ago at about ~440-450 kh/s, today not even stable and system/board are exactly the same.

It's not normal that cards on the same chips and the same clocks have different performance and need different settings to keep stability.
I have no issues like that on nvidia. I simply set basic scrypt without many changes and it's mining always the same.

Wut? How can a card go nuts like that?

That's weird man, did you touch the voltage at all? Or drivers even?

Sounds like what happens to me when I clock too high, particularly on the memory. Memory errors seem to give me crazy screen artifacts while GPU errors just crash.

Make sure you at least reboot after something like that... if that happens on my card and I don't reboot, I have another crash to look forward to before too long.

I was getting too many issues like that at 1500 on the memory... it seemed stable and would mine pretty well for a day or two, then problem city. It's a little better at 1485, but I still get the odd crash every now and then. Particularly if I shut CGMiner down and restart it again without rebooting.

That said, I would suggest trying the Kalroth version of CGMiner. It works much better for me, though sometimes it still crashes.

1h ago I changed it to 1100 core / 1485 mem but after that 1h it crashed again with some stripes on the screen and driver restart.
I will try some more later.

try these settings for normal scrypt, gives me 480 hash

this is for msi 270 (non x), stock volts

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe" --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-us.trademybit.com:3330 -u x-p x --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3333 -u x -p x -I 19 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 15508 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1135 --gpu-memclock 1500 --temp-target 80 --auto-fan --gpu-fan 40-80 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85

Back