• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downvolted Asus R9 270 OC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yesterday I found out that memory was causing issues. It was working @1450MHz but after couple of days started to generate errors - random artifacts and sometimes vertical stripes or greenish screen and all freezes. After that was already mentioned PC restart. I set it to 1400MHz and will check it again when I back from work.

Interesting. Odd how it was stable for a few days.
Let's hope it's stable at 1400 Mhz :)

Turns out the Asus 2GB 270 and the Sapphire 4GB 270X don't like each other when I try to play Skyrim. Constant crashing. No, I did not try Crossfire... didn't even have the bridge on.

So, since the Sapphire has these loud whiny fans anyway and I have to sleep near the main rig, I swapped the Asus 270X back in there. The Sapphire is now in the office, where I had to run the Twelve Hundred's fans even faster to get that card running reasonably cool.

Will try a Gigabyte 4GB card next to go with it, I think, provided the market allows me to even get another one.

+1 Same deal here
I really need bitcoin to rise in price real soon.

Then I can consider grabbing another 270 to mine on :)
Or cash out..... Hmmmm.

Either way, 750 Kh is barely making a profit right now :-/

Odd how those cards don't play nice with eachother...

Driver issues - had the same problem with the Asus card back in there. 14.3 beta drivers made everything worse. So I had to wipe them all out and start over clean with 13.12.

Leaving the 4GB card in the office, though. I enjoy sleeping at night ;)

FYI - Asus has a new BIOS available for the 270X TOP edition. Going to try it out now.

This card has gotten ridiculously unstable lately. Hope this fixes it.

Woke up this morning and it was hashing at half speed. Now using the 270 as the display device on that rig - will see if that helps any.

The 270X does seem a bit more stable, but that could be because it's back at Asus factory voltage.

I've run 5 of these cards for the past 4 months, they've been great and aside from my puttering with the settings they've been very reliable.

when the game changes I'll just put two of them into a pc and make it into a graphic design software

Back