• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downvolted Asus R9 270 OC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
(12) asus 270 cards

At this time, I would like to remind people that I am not above taking hardware donations :bday:

Wish I could order another one this week, but the mainboard in my office rig #2 is dying and it's more important than ever to get my other parts for the first dedicated mining rig first.

Fortunately, the 270 I do have got here so quickly it's going to really help me this month.

Nope. It's got a Crossfire bridge on it, but otherwise nothing. The 270X is the one the monitor's plugged into.

Worked fine before I put the CF bridge on it, too.

I'm having a hell of a time getting this kalroth miner to work.... If I try to use "x" intensity, it doesn't start.

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

C:\Users\Brian\Desktop\Kalroth\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3333 -u bitcoin addy -p d=512 -x 4 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8193

I'm having a hell of a time getting this kalroth miner to work.... If I try to use "x" intensity, it doesn't start.

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

C:\Users\Brian\Desktop\Kalroth\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3333 -u bitcoin addy -p d=512 -x 4 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8193

You must use X a capital x here, I fixed it for you ;) :

C:\Users\Brian\Desktop\Kalroth\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3333 -u bitcoin addy -p d=512 -X 4 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8193

They are all 270's. They run at about 470khs for about 5-10 minutes, gpu2 starts to fall off and then is declared sick. Whats really weird is cgminer reports the temp dropping for gpu1 (despite gpu2 being sick).

My bat line above is running all 6 gpus. I didn't use the whole "x 4,4,4,4..." thing. Could that be causing issues?

I apologize, no intention to hijack here.

Also, cards run between 68 and 72.

They are all 270's. They run at about 470khs for about 5-10 minutes, gpu2 starts to fall off and then is declared sick. Whats really weird is cgminer reports the temp dropping for gpu1 (despite gpu2 being sick).

My bat line above is running all 6 gpus. I didn't use the whole "x 4,4,4,4..." thing. Could that be causing issues?

I apologize, no intention to hijack here.

Also, cards run between 68 and 72.

Try the X 4,4,4,4,4 thing.

But for 6 GPUs, I'd consider a config file...

I would be curious as to which brand of ram your 270s have. you can check with the latest gpuz. Mine shows elpida which is usually worse performance. I cannot run with the same setting that you guys have. I get driver crashes, etc.

Thanks to extremely flaky behavior from the Asus 270X this evening, I finally got fed up and downvolted that card too. It's at 1.150V now. Seems stable but I guess I'll see... it wasn't exactly fully stable at the old voltage.

Keeping in mind the 270X is the card on top, my VTC mining temps for both cards are now 66 degrees for the 270X and 67 for the 270. Old voltage had it running at 71 degrees, 67 on the 270.

Last edited:
I've changed pc and now my 270X is running on some Core 2 Duo rig. 3rd board and similar issues. On every platform it needs different settings. I also can't make it work above 400kh/s. There are or driver crashes or hardware errors or low performance. I also have artifacts on the screen what I haven't seen before on other rigs.
I really have enough of AMD and I will probably sell this card. No issues at all on Nvidia.

Mining on anything newer than 13.12 really seems to cause issues (for me and any of the cards I mine with: 2 290's, 290x, 7970, and r9 270)

Def gotta look into that Woomack. Just got mine back from RMA...

1150 core, 1500 mem.. 13.12 catalyst kalroth cgminer

Code:
del *.bin
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mine.coinshift.com:3333 -u 1Gi3MdL7pVzwCE5VG9eATCj17iSGv9uG6i -p x --thread-concurrency 8193 -w 256 -X 4 -g 2 --no-submit-stale

Attachments

• devilcgminer2.JPG
    devilcgminer2.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 37
Mining on anything newer than 13.12 really seems to cause issues

I haven't even tried anything newer than 13.12. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The 270X went all night at 1.15V - it and the 270 are now both doing 67 degrees.

I haven't even tried anything newer than 13.12. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The 270X went all night at 1.15V - it and the 270 are now both doing 67 degrees.

What are the clocks?

Looks like I can downvolt even more then. Another BIOS mod I'll have to do

Back