• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VMware vSphere client login issue (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
Just installed VMware ESXi 4.0

When I try to login via the vSphere Client I get these two error messages...

Attachments

• VM-error1.jpg
    VM-error1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 534
  • VM-error2.jpg
    VM-error2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 528
  • VM-error3.jpg
    VM-error3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 564
you have to click, "host device" first, then it'll ungray connected & connect @ power on

client device means = map my local CDROM accross the network for the remote VM to use.

you have to click, "host device" first, then it'll ungray connected & connect @ power on

client device means = map my local CDROM accross the network for the remote VM to use.

Thank you... Install Windows 7.. Sorry about spoon feeding me here, but how do you make an ISO for VMware?

Not a problem at all =).

Any iso burner will work. Pop in your cd, fire up the iso burner and then copy the iso over to your host. Easiest way to do this is...

click on your host
click on 'summary'

you'll get something like this:
vsphere.jpg

doubleclick on your datastore, it'll open up datastore browser. you can upload files, create directories.. all that.

If you really start working with moving files around, you should open up SCP in the firewall and transfer this way. I can show you how to do that sometime.

Not a problem at all =).

Any iso burner will work. Pop in your cd, fire up the iso burner and then copy the iso over to your host. Easiest way to do this is...

click on your host
click on 'summary'

you'll get something like this:
vsphere.jpg

doubleclick on your datastore, it'll open up datastore browser. you can upload files, create directories.. all that.

If you really start working with moving files around, you should open up SCP in the firewall and transfer this way. I can show you how to do that sometime.

You mean a standard ISO, instead of running the CD? Oh, thats simple to do... Nero does it....If that the case that's simple...

Back