• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voodoo, nvidia!!! baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Well u know i have the loved & hated voodoo 5 5500 & its a great card

The problem im having with voodoo going out of bizz is that
they shook hands with a few gameing company's
novalogic being one of them

witch has an awsome game called f16 multirole fighter
seems that the only card that will fully suport this game with 3d graphics
is the afore mentioned voodoo, any voodoo not just v5

so what does nvidia plan about doing to support these games that
voodoo got into bed with

i would realy like to have the new creative card
but it will not support my fav game 100%
it would run it but it looks like crapppppppppppppppppppppp
what a delima
proz were is that ak47

Just sell your current Voodoo and buy the creative card. Then just purchase a Voodoo 5 PCI (since 3DFX cards don't use AGP texturing anyway). You can run with multiple video cards in Win98, just get a manual switch box for your monitor so you can switch between the two cards at will. You might want to run with the V5 at the desktop anyway, since it apparently has much better 2D quality than most Nvidia cards.

If all that sounds like too much of a pain, you might want to consider buying a cheap V2 SLI setup. That'll cost you 2 PCI slots and you won't get the greatest performance, but depending on how graphically intensive the game is, it might work.

hahahha when i can aford such a sweet setup you can be assured that i will do that $$$ is limited @ this time heheh
thx for the reply

I played both novalogic's F22-Raptor and F16 multirole fither games. With my TNT2 Ultra from NVidia, and I never had any problems, the games ran flawlessly in 16 and 32 bit at high resolutions.

A Voodoo 4 PCI lists for 59$ on Pricewatch, you culd always pick up a Creative card and sell your Voodoo 5 to a friend or on Ebay or something. You should be able to get at least close to 50$ for it, if not more, and get a Voodoo 4. Also, there are plenty of other companies that make NVidia cards that are as good as the Creatives that sell for less than the Creative ones. A Voodoo/NVidia setup might turn out to cost less than you think and might be in your price range.
Just a thought. =]

PowerProtein (May 17, 2001 11:53 a.m.):
I played both novalogic's F22-Raptor and F16 multirole fither games. With my TNT2 Ultra from NVidia, and I never had any problems, the games ran flawlessly in 16 and 32 bit at high resolutions.

lol power ya they will run just fine
but u dont know what your missing because
voodoo is the only card that suports this game 100%
i swear too god the difference is like night & day
well not quiet that much but dam close
i know because in the other room is a pc running an
nvidia based card
and theres a big, big difference
so i called novalogic & they told me theres no patch
or update for the game to make it look as nice as the voodoo does
of coarse voodoo was still in bizness @ the time
so maybe now that nvidia
has there technoligy maybe they will make a patch for these games

I played both novalogic's F22-Raptor and F16 multirole fither games. With my TNT2 Ultra from NVidia, and I never had any problems, the games ran flawlessly in 16 and 32 bit at high resolutions.[/quote]

also
try typing in the chat box when you are online

patsux

in lowercase & when your in f5 view on the **** pit glass you will be able to see a reflection of your piolet

only with voodoo though

this helps you keep your bearings while in f 5 view (for f16) not raptor

Back