• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanted cheap video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tim the Toolman

Registered
Looking to build a gig sys want a video card for ~$ 75
whats the best bang for my buck. Will be overclocking on a kt7a board undecided about proccessor...

Pricewatch.com has a 32MB Radeon listed at $75 as well as the GeForce MX, GeForce 256, Voodoo 4 and Radeon LE in this vicinity.

Personally I would leave it between two...Radeon for visual quality/DVD playback or the GeForce II MX for speed.

Jon (Apr 21, 2001 07:51 p.m.):
Personally I would leave it between two...Radeon for visual quality/DVD playback or the GeForce II MX for speed.

Bzzzt! Uhh...no...Geforce 2 MX is not faster than the Radeon. Even the Radeon SDR is faster than the Geforce 2 MX and the Radeon LE blows it completely away.

I believe its around 78$ with 1$ shipping. The LE anyways last time i checked. You cant beat a 75$ Radeon 32mb ddr LE. Ive had one and clocked it up to 191/191 with little effort. Spanks everything i can throw at it. I sold it a day or two ago *gasp* not because it was no good, but because i needed money. Im running an ati rage128 now. Its ok i guess 83/75!!!! clocked kinda slow, has an odd shape and small HS but i'll live. Sorry for rambling but you cant go wrong with the LE.

OpenFriday (Apr 22, 2001 04:35 p.m.):
I believe its around 78$ with 1$ shipping. The LE anyways last time i checked. You cant beat a 75$ Radeon 32mb ddr LE. Ive had one and clocked it up to 191/191 with little effort. Spanks everything i can throw at it. I sold it a day or two ago *gasp* not because it was no good, but because i needed money. Im running an ati rage128 now. Its ok i guess 83/75!!!! clocked kinda slow, has an odd shape and small HS but i'll live. Sorry for rambling but you cant go wrong with the LE.

I totally agree with you OpenFriday. I bought the Radeon LE after reading about it on this board and rage3d.com. I have not been disappointed with it's performance.

On newegg.com, I got it for $77.00 plus free shipping. Using Radeon Tweaker, you can enable hyper-Z and change all the settings that you want on it. It plays Tribes 2 flawlessly and I've gotten 3277 points on 3dmark2001. Not shabby for $77.00

Amiel

Back