• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning: Bad 2100+ Chips!!! JIUHB 0308VPMW at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

airspirit

AXDA2100DUT3C 9724884280420
JIUHB 0308VPMW

That is what I got from Newegg the other day on an order. The thing caps at 2320, and is STABLE at 2150 or lower. I'm running an NForce2 board with cooling mods on the bridges, Corsair XMS memory, and high end watercooling. That chip never saw north of 48C (oh, did I mention it is a full 8-10C hotter than my old 1900+?), so heat isn't the limiting factor here. I'm really *****ed, and I'm going to be ordering another one in short order. Until Newegg runs out of those POS chips, I would avoid them like the plague.

i hate to say this but 48c was the absolute limit for my old 1800+ pally. im not saying it is for your chip, but i wouldnt be suprise if it IS a heat-related issue. AND, for it to run 8-10c hotter than your 1900+, leads me to believe its your cooling that is at fault. A 2.3ghz XP on "High end watercooling" should NEVER run that hot.

how is a chip bad cuz it can only overclock to 2300?

it's a personal thing.. i think some people would be happy with 2300

btw gtsimmo.. it's JIUHB not a JIUBA whatever that is...

Getting a JIUHB XP 1700+ isn't that bad of an idea! Those 1.5v models are running upwards of 2.5Ghz on air! Just think of what water would do for one of those chips!

shimmishim said:
how is a chip bad cuz it can only overclock to 2300?

it's a personal thing.. i think some people would be happy with 2300

btw gtsimmo.. it's JIUHB not a JIUBA whatever that is...

he said its only stable at 2150

Last edited:
why is it that 400 mhz o/c is bad?

is it because we compare our processors to everyone else and see that it's not hitting 2.9 ghz or something like joeschmo?

do you think he'd claim it were a bad chip if everyone else were hitting only 2.0 ghz with an JIUHB 0308 and he was doing 2.2 ghz?

i think not...

shimmishim said:
why is it that 400 mhz o/c is bad?

is it because we compare our processors to everyone else and see that it's not hitting 2.9 ghz or something like joeschmo?

do you think he'd claim it were a bad chip if everyone else were hitting only 2.0 ghz with an JIUHB 0308 and he was doing 2.2 ghz?

i think not...
of course not.But then, you're only pointing out the obvious.
you seem to be missing the point, or rather, choosing to overlook it. As i said before: "high end watercooling" should do much better than that.

I've actually had better results than most with this make of 2100+. Most have a max stable OC of around 2075. Now, you can take this as whining and I don't care, but when most ALL 2100+ chips are A models rather than J models, and most are doing 2300 or higher there is an argument that this particular batch of 2100+ chips is crap. I'm warning YOU so YOU don't get a POS chip.

As far as my cooling system, that 1900+ maxed at 43C in ambient temps over 70F. I put a BETTER block on this one, and the best I can get is around 46C. That 1900+ was being run at 1.95V, and this one only got that 46C when run STOCK at 1.6V. It is a fireball. Those are BAD chips. My 1900+ Palomino AGOGA could clock to well over 1950 Mhz stable ... why the heck shouldn't this 2100+ on the same board with the same RAM and components do significantly better? I don't think that's an unfair expectation when two chip revisions have gone by and this one runs 133 Mhz faster stock ... thats almost the difference between the overclocking potential between my old and new chips.

I'm going to be ordering an AIUHB from Excalibur or someone here soon ... I am ****ed I spent $88 on a piece of crap chip, and I don't want anyone else to go through the same thing. Now, does that sound like a waste of time to you?

But james.miller, you're right: this chip shouldn't run this hot. I can swap back to my 1900+ on the new block and max at 41C at 2.05V. There is nothing I can do with this new one even running STOCK to get it under 46C on IDLE. There is something wrong with this batch of processors. Now that I've done load testing on it, it got up to 54C on max load with the voltage at 1.9V ... I'm not going to leave the voltage at that, though, because it did absolutely no good ... I didn't get a single Mhz faster. I'm going to drop it down for the time being so it doesn't light on fire, and get a different chip.

I understand what you're saying... but you're only one person...

now if 15 people were reporting the same thing as you.. then yeah, i'd probably avoid newegg as a source for getting a 2100+ to overclock...

there are always bad apples in a bunch... maybe you happened to get ONE...

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184410

This guy didn't get his at Newegg, but it's an identical chip. I've also found three more posts on different forums specifying Newegg as the source reporting the same thing. I've only found one guy who did decent on his (over 2300), and he was using a Vapochill ... though he didn't provide much information. It looks like the recent JIUHB 2100+ chips are crap so far ... I suspect we'll see more angry people in the next week or two as more of these hit the market from the Egg.

I'm packing my res with ice right now ... I'll be back in a bit with results. I'm hoping to get it stable closer to its max.

quegyboe said:
Getting a JIUHB XP 1700+ isn't that bad of an idea! Those 1.5v models are running upwards of 2.5Ghz on air! Just think of what water would do for one of those chips!

2.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG i gotta get me one of those :D

james.miller said:
i hate to say this but 48c was the absolute limit for my old 1800+ pally. im not saying it is for your chip, but i wouldnt be suprise if it IS a heat-related issue. AND, for it to run 8-10c hotter than your 1900+, leads me to believe its your cooling that is at fault. A 2.3ghz XP on "High end watercooling" should NEVER run that hot.

i agree! mine runs 32c idle on cheap air cooling..

Running with ice in the res dropped the CPU temperature to 38C load at 1.85V (a LOT of ice), and I'm capping out at 2171 Mhz stable. Raising the VCore to 1.95 did absolutely nothing for overclocking. I feel sorry for those people running these things with air cooling ... most standard cooling will be woefully inadequate if I couldn't get it below 30C when practically dropped in an ice bath.

You can't say that all the chips at newegg are bad though, maybe you just got a shady one. RMA it and try agian if youre that unhappy with it.

Disco_Stu said:
You can't say that all the chips at newegg are bad though, maybe you just got a shady one. RMA it and try agian if youre that unhappy with it.

Why RMA a perfectly good chip?

OCing is like a box of chocolets.... :rolleyes:

Back