• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning: Bad 2100+ Chips!!! JIUHB 0308VPMW at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got one, JIUHB, 2100+ from Newegg, arrived Tuesday.
Running right now at 2188mhz and 40c, full Folding@Home gromacs load.
I got a Volcano 11 hs/f for it and all seems well........

Also, am I correct in my assumption, that closing the L1 will unlock the lower multpliers?????
I am planning on getting a NF7-s soon, that wont mess up anything on that board, right ?????

Oddly enough, all of the lower multipliers are available ... and the only high mult is 13. Try going to 13.5 and weird things happen. L1 is already unlocked. It is odd that you're limited close to me, but you're running so much colder. Heck, I gave mine an ice bath and barely did better than yours! That is five total confirmed JIUHBs from Newegg in the last week. Nearly all of the 1700+ JIUHBs are doing better than ours at lower voltages ... it makes me think that NE got a tray of the same type, and for some reason they were all from a bad batch.

I tryed to run 12x*166 to see if I could and I had to clear the bios,
wouldn't do anything.......
My KX7 doesnt unlock CPU's for me, the dirty dog.......heh

EDIT:
I havent tryed anything higher yet, I only had it a few days.
this weekend I will try running it up higher....

Are you sure its the board? It could be that this batch of chips do weird things with the mults. As I said, mine does the low range + 13x, when that should be impossible (from my reckoning).

airspirit said:
AXDA2100DUT3C 9724884280420
JIUHB 0308VPMW

That is what I got from Newegg the other day on an order. The thing caps at 2320, and is STABLE at 2150 or lower. I'm running an NForce2 board with cooling mods on the bridges, Corsair XMS memory, and high end watercooling. That chip never saw north of 48C (oh, did I mention it is a full 8-10C hotter than my old 1900+?), so heat isn't the limiting factor here. I'm really *****ed, and I'm going to be ordering another one in short order. Until Newegg runs out of those POS chips, I would avoid them like the plague.

on what mobo are you testing this cpu?

I got this same chip from Newegg. (ordered last Friday and received this past Wed 4/9)

Very disappointed. Best stable is 2.041 (157*13) @ 1.7 vcore. It does not run that hot however, 43 C under full Prime95 load. This is with a cheap Glacial Tech 2500 pro heatsink/fan and the included thermal pad.

I'm running this on an MSI KT3 Ultra 2. Will the socket wire trick unlock the lower multipliers on this board/chip? I don't want to do this/ reinstall and find out that it won't work. I might turn it into a keychain at that point.

Xmonger

xmonger said:
I got this same chip from Newegg. (ordered last Friday and received this past Wed 4/9)

Very disappointed. Best stable is 2.041 (157*13) @ 1.7 vcore. It does not run that hot however, 43 C under full Prime95 load. This is with a cheap Glacial Tech 2500 pro heatsink/fan and the included thermal pad.

I'm running this on an MSI KT3 Ultra 2. Will the socket wire trick unlock the lower multipliers on this board/chip? I don't want to do this/ reinstall and find out that it won't work. I might turn it into a keychain at that point.

Xmonger

you just need to vire one pin to anothwer to lower the multiplier stepvise 0.5,1,2,4,8X take look at .. hmm I dont have a lnk ready, i'' post it later.. until then try there are allso few pictures of pins to be connected here.

I've had one as well and they suck... worst 2100+ I ever had and i've tried plenty. I wouldnt get any JIUHB 2100+ unless its something different than 0308VPMW ... but an AIUHB is preferred (or a DLT3C 1700 or 1800+)

i just orderd my xp2100 from newegg 2 days ago. i got it the next day (i live 20 minutes from new egg :D ) i just raised the v core to 1.8 then raised the FSB to 166 and i instantly had an xp 2700
runs flawlessly maxload is 45 C on air cooling.... i would go higher but i like only using 1 fan :)

airspirit said:
Are you sure its the board? It could be that this batch of chips do weird things with the mults. As I said, mine does the low range + 13x, when that should be impossible (from my reckoning).

Yes it's the board, the KX7 dont unlock anything......
I got to wire the pins, but I am thinking of trying a conductive pen and a stick pin right on the CPU, or on the back of the mobo...
I dont like the idea of running wire......

I got the same JIUHB and was excited at first since the 1700+ had such good luck. I was wrong and 2100mhz (210x10) is the max I get on my Abit NF-7s ver 2.0 board. I'm not really complaining as it's my 2nd box but was hoping for around 22-2300. Temps get about 47C on a thermaltake volcano 11 with the fan at about 1/2 speed with voltage at 1.8v.

justanoob said:
i just orderd my xp2100 from newegg 2 days ago. i got it the next day (i live 20 minutes from new egg :D ) i just raised the v core to 1.8 then raised the FSB to 166 and i instantly had an xp 2700
runs flawlessly maxload is 45 C on air cooling.... i would go higher but i like only using 1 fan :)

:bang head My 2000+ wont boot at 166 even at 1.85+2.3% from mobo; only at lower multiplier, so I got from 1.6 to 1.9GHz, and that's it.. :(

Update... I did the socket wire trick and unlocked the lower multipliers on this step child 2100+ with my kt3 ultra2. While I was at it I used Antec Silver Reference thermal compund (same as arctic silver). I'm hoping this will cool it down a little.

Currently running 2.004 (167*12) @ 1.675 vcore. 38c idle/43c loaded.

Best to avoid this batch and Newegg as a source for 2100s.

Take care,

Xmonger

Did the wire trick also........
currently running 11.5*180.4-2074.2
Running prime95 right now, no errors and a svelt 38c..... :D

I'm using an EPoX 8RDA+ mobo with some sweet XMS DDR. My only crap part is the chip. I'll be replacing it this week with a 1700+ JIUHB 0310 XPMW, so good riddance.

I've been overclocking for quite a while, and I've built over two dozen computers in the last six months with nearly every one overclocked (at the least, I saw how far each could go!). I've built two other 2100+ AIUHB/8RDA+ systems with mediocre air cooling, and was over 2.3Ghz on all of them at much lower temps. I've also been able to use the full upper range of multipliers on them. The fact that this one is giving me all the lower mults + 13x makes me wonder what the heck happened to a) this chip, and b) this batch. This chip is just an oddity.

By the way, my chip detects at 2700+ when I have it at 2150 Mhz (unstable). While that is outstanding for this particular batch of chips, it shouldn't be that noteworthy of an OC for a 2100+.

UPDATE: Even after thoroughly burning this chip in there are no changes. AVOID THIS BATCH OF CHIPS!

Maybe excaliber is the place to go guys, sorry airspirit for the bad experience...You live in a nice place, I was there for 4 yrs @ U of I

That is the one I got burnt on. Until reports come back that they have good chips again I would avoid them.

I'm staying with Excaliber PC from here on out to avoid getting burnt. What really disturbs me is that their 1700+ chips are almost exclusively TBredA chips as well. Newegg is screwing quite a few people.

Back