• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled D-Link Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW! ya thats a first... never seen someone watercool a router.... as its not normally needed. Hell my WRT54GL runs fine passive with the chipset heatsink i put on it running @ a 25% oc (50mhz over the 200mhz stock)

That being said... DD-WRT is horid if your lookin to do heavy internet use with multiple (hundreds) of connections (IE P2P) ... with DD-WRT and 10 torrents maxing my 26mbit down net connection cpu usage quickly rose to past 2.75 over 5 minutes.... the same 10 torrents running at the same speed with Tomato firmware... .85 usage over 5 minutes.

I have added the radiator and shortened the Cat6 cables. Thanks everyone for your help.

I also added a switch on the front because I could not fall asleep at night with the blazing bright blue fans, LoL

Dude that's pretty awesome. I thought about combining my router and modem into one case with some chipsets h/s and fans going.... but W/C sounds awesome! Of course... it seems very overkill.

Back