• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling and PSU question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaM

I am currently looking at the Ernemax 431w PSU for my EPoX mobo and AMD T-Bird 1.4 ghz. For cooling, I intend on getting a DangerDen or Aquastealth 2 water cooling unit. If i get one of these water cooling units, would i have to upgrade to a larger PSU? Lets say a 550w or even 600w? Im just trying to make sure everything will run smoothly...
Thanks

Matt

The 431W will be sufficient for water cooling. I have my watercooling running off a cheaper 300W PSU and have no problems.

get the Danger den maze2 waterblock, and a eheim pump, but i do like the aquastealth aquacoil for the radiator, its very large though, but i think its the best that isnt a car type radiator, if you go with the cpu block from aquastealth, get the lexon clamp! their 'new socket clip' is terrible
if your going to be using a pletier, the MAZE waterblock + cold plate from aquastealth looks like it would be good, it has bolt down for the peltier to go between, i will probably be getting this when i step into peltiers

Back