• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water-cooling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bubba

If cooling both the vid card and cpu(and maybe the chipset,have a block but not gonna use it right away)is it better to run my hoses in series or to use a Y or T fitting to splice the flow with 1/2 to cpu and 1/2 to vid card?I have a 1/2" system with an Eheim 1250 and DD maze 2-1,chipset and vid-card blocks.

when you use a T fitting usualy the majority of the water will go the way that has the least flow restrictions. this will cause one of the blocks to work better than the other. I would recomend series.

In series there are different orders that you can connect the things together, with a high flowrate it shouldnt matter too much what the order is, but with a lower flowrate you could connect the GPU before the CPU or vise versa. Some people will say put the cpu first so it gets the coldest water, others say put it after the gpu, so the warm water from the CPU wont be trying to cool the GPU.

Back