• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water or Air for Silent Ryzen 1600 cooling in a Define Nano S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edgerunner

My New CPU, Mobo and RAM are ordered for my new Upgrade into a Define Nano S (Non-Side Window). I will be reusing my EVGA 970 Hybrid for the moment in this build.

If I want near Silent cooling however should I go Air or Water? Please Note that I would prefer Not to use the Top of the case for Cooling of any kind so I can leave the cover on for more sound suppression if possible.
Should I change out the Case Fans that come with the Nano S?
Can I just put new fans on my EVO 212 to achieve the desired effect?
Where are the best areas to place my GPU radiator to assist cooling and sound?

My New CPU, Mobo and RAM are ordered for my new Upgrade into a Define Nano S (Non-Side Window). I will be reusing my EVGA 970 Hybrid for the moment in this build.

If I want near Silent cooling however should I go Air or Water? Please Note that I would prefer Not to use the Top of the case for Cooling of any kind so I can leave the cover on for more sound suppression if possible.
Should I change out the Case Fans that come with the Nano S?
Can I just put new fans on my EVO 212 to achieve the desired effect?
Where are the best areas to place my GPU radiator to assist cooling and sound?

Will you be overclocking?

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be overclocking?

Going to get as close to 4.0 as possible on the CPU but not going to sweat it if I can only pull a 3.7/3.8.
But Yea I wanna push the 970 Hybrid pretty hard because I'll be upgrading the GPU in a year or so anyway. Not upgrading Now due to prices. I have never OC'd this particular GPU because my old CPU would have bottlenecked it anyways.

Last edited:
I used a Corsair H100 with 240mm rad to cool my Ryzen 7 1700X running at 4 GHz. Had the fans slowed down with Noctua Low noise adapters so I couldn't hear them. That kept the CPU under 80C under during stress testing with the Vcore at 1.425V. My Cooler Master EVO 212 couldn't handle more than 3.9 GHz and got pretty noisy doing it.

Back