• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water wetter and biocide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueberry

I'm currently using distill water and water wetter. Should I add biocide into my water cooling system? And does anyone know where I can get some.

You usualy do not need biocide. The only time I have needed to use it when I used an open resivor (i.e a bucket).

I notice my water color changed. We I first started, the water was little pink(due to water wetter). But now the water is now a little greenish. Also I notice the wall of the tube have a layer of stuff on it, which was not there before. Any ideas of what those stuff might be?

btw. I'm using a copper block with alu. radiator.

Flush your system and run it with a teaspoon or two of bleach in the water until things clear up. Flush again and fill with distilled water, Water Wetter and 10% antifreeze. The antifreeze will cut the efficiency a bit but it will also keep the copper and aluminum from fighting.

I'm thinking of putting together a "bong" water cooling system, and I was wondering just where you can pick up biocide and for how much?

Thanks

I spent some time in a quality high end aquarium shop today. Their best advice was to use a tiny bit of bleach and a swimming pool testing unit to help maintain the system.

Back