• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well the PC is built now what? Problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chess

Registered
Went over everything twice in the Abit IP35 book. All five fans are working, cpu fan working, GPU fan working, re-seated GPU, re-seated memory 2x2gb and tried differant combos possible with that, even one stick at a time, all lights are "on" the board. Start up the PC everything runs "POST" led on MB works, it shuts off then comes right back on after test, think its testing PSU. No beeps, and nothing on the screen. I'm no troubleshooter at all but did everything I know. What can I do??? I'm hooked up DVI from the gateway to the 8800GTS, the monitor says no signal. :confused:

Monitor: Gateway 24" Widescreen.

CPU: Xeon e3110

MS WIN VISTA ULTIMAT SP1 64BIT

MEM 2Gx2|GSK F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ R

CPU THERMPASTE|ARCTIC SILVER5

DVD BURN SAMSUNG|SH-S203B

CASE ANTEC|NINE HUNDRED

MB ABIT IP35 Pro 775 -

VGA EVGA 512-P3-N845-AR 8800GTS RT

PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-620HX RT

HD 320G|WD 7K 16M SATA2 WD3200AAKS

Last edited:
first thing is i'd verify proper RAM voltages. also skim through your bios and check for any odd options than can be enabled. or did u say you arent getting any picture at all? if thats the case, try old, 1.8V ram,

what makes you think its testing psu?

No picture at all. Monitor says no signal. Going to try a monitor I know works tomorrow to make sure thats not it. There is numbers on the MB that light up and post numbers. You have numbers that flash on "Start up sequence".."Shutdown sequence". I don't know why when you start up it runs for maybe 5-7 secs, then shuts off and starts up again.

Have you plugged the six-pin rectangular power supply connector into your graphics card? Your card has a six-pin connector mounted at the edge of the PCB furthest from the I/O board. If it doesn't have something compatible plugged uin from your power supply, you won't get any signal to your monitor.

Also, it should be plugged into a blue PCIe x16 slot, not a x1 slot. If you've somehow plugged a graphics card into a PCIe x1 slot, you've messed up on a monumental (yet extremely impressive) level! :)

If everything there checks out OK then try switching the cable to your monitor to the other DVI connection on your graphics card. Shouldn't matter, but it's worth a shot.

The GPU is in the right slot. Everything else you mentioned I already tried. The Abit site shows this CPU not listed, but will run with a bios flash, but shouldn't I get some kind of a signal anyways? I just bought this board and was hoping it had a newer bios than 14 on it.

Many motherboards come with an extra power supply for the PCI side of the mobo. It is usually a four-pin Molex connector near the first PCIe slot. Try hooking up a connector straight from your PSU if you haven't.

This is classic "overclock failure" ideations.

I know you were not overclocking but it can follow suit. I had the "no signal" issue recently and I had to remove AC for about thirty minutes along with cmos reset in order to get the thing to boot so I could change settings in BIOS.

I would CMOS reset with ac removed and run a single stick of ram in DIMM slot four.

still no boot, then you need to get another cpu and flash the bios.

Ok I have that type I think...it has the 4 plug and the other end has 2 little plugs like would fit on pins, they have 4ea.

Never mind thats not it.
Power plug to GPU whats the little pigtail 2 prong plug that comes out of it for?

Last edited:
This is classic "overclock failure" ideations.

I know you were not overclocking but it can follow suit. I had the "no signal" issue recently and I had to remove AC for about thirty minutes along with cmos reset in order to get the thing to boot so I could change settings in BIOS.

I would CMOS reset with ac removed and run a single stick of ram in DIMM slot four.

still no boot, then you need to get another cpu and flash the bios.

Ok don't get to fancy with me I'm a noob at this stuff.:beer: I know where the cmos is but I just can't think much anymore today... AC?

I know the reboot issue is comman with the P35 boards...a bios flash supposedly fixes it.

Also...can you try another GPU? Might just be bad.

Ok don't get to fancy with me I'm a noob at this stuff.:beer: I know where the cmos is but I just can't think much anymore today... AC?

Yah i am on my aunts dying laptop, the keyboard is partially not working. The letter p is the only letter not working. I hate having to halt using hte keyboard to use the mouse and the "on screen keyboard" to make a letter p so i try to avoid words with that letter instead. lol

AC=alternating current=power just unplug the wire or flick the switch on the psu

I know the reboot issue is comman with the P35 boards...a bios flash supposedly fixes it.

Also...can you try another GPU? Might just be bad.

Might have to get one from a friend, I was thinking that earlier.

BTW....I just want to thank everyone helping me...its really great of you people.:)

I hope you figure out what it is.

But the re-start dont mean anything...so dont worry about that.

Just to reiterate, did you plug in the 12v power for the CPU? If you don't, all the fans will run, lights on the MB will run, but not signal at all. Just verify please.

Everything on this setup is hooked up correctly. I have double checked everything and so has my buddy that came over today. We even tried a differant GPU card, I think it was a 6450..still no signal. I've been on the Abit site and yes the CPU chart shows the xeon e3110 not supported, but in bios ver12. it shows support for wolfdales and then again in version 16 bios. I know people have e8400's on this board, pretty close to the same thing as the e3110. I'm pretty much down to getting a cheap 775 to get the bios up to flash then switching back. I have the version 1.1 IP35 Pro, which I believe has Ver.12 on it, I just don't understand why I can't get the signal. I've reset cmos, put one stick in slot 4, removed battery checked it all no luck. If somebody has this board and e3110 I'd like to know what kind of luck they had.

If this is your first build...You used standoff's when you mounted your Mobo right?

Just making sure...if your an experienced builder this question is silly.

If this is your first build...You used standoff's when you mounted your Mobo right?

Just making sure...if your an experienced builder this question is silly.

Yes and I made sure there were no extras not in use mounted on the case.

Back