• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a deal!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

I'm excited, look what I just won on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3669&item=2073744307&rd=1

Here's a review of this case, seems really nice.
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1106&p=6

The PSU should be good since it's a good brand. I'm going to run an XP 1800+, MSI K7t-turbo, GF2Ti, 40gig7200WD, 256 Crucial PC133, Plextor CDR... this should be plenty powerful and cool enough right? I'll add a fan or 2 in the back for exhausting, and keep the one up front for suction.

What does everyone think? Better than the average cheapo case with a crappy "400 watt" PSU whose specs remind me of my old 220 watt?

Hey not bad of a case. Congrats! I think the the 400w is better than the 320w because it's able to put out more.

well, 320 should be okay if you're not planning to add more hardware or fans (that's the bottom line), coz' before upgrading to my current 450W PSU, I ran 300W psu w/ similar hardware config like you are, but adding another HD and couple case fans crippled my 300W PSU (the +5V line supplied a mere 4.82 on average, so I had restarts problem ..) ..

good finding on ebay btw :)

I plan on running a XP2200+, one hd, 2 80mm case fans, a GF2Ti, a CD drive, a scsi CDR drive/adaptek card, and that should be it. If I need to, I can get rid of the 2 CDdrives and go with a single burner that's faster, so I can ditch the whole scsi thing. What do you think?

I was running a 300 watt on my 1800+ that was overclocked. If you are not going to overclock that much on your rig, you should be fine power wise, and btw, I really like the case.

Blah more watts dont mean jack if its a no name psu.I have a 400watt A1 psu and my Pc power and cooling psu mops the floor with it.Need to confirm this with my volt meter but I'm fairly sure the mother boar monitor is correct.When ever I do some heavy tasking using the 400watt psu on my server(the server uses less power then my system which is on the Pc power)while I'm doing this the mother board monitor flashing all my voltages droping at some insane amount.I watched the 5v and 12v drop more then 60%!Thats nuts!
y0ungsta said:
Hey not bad of a case. Congrats! I think the the 400w is better than the 320w because it's able to put out more.

Back