• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What chips are these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roids-A-Flamin'

I've already looked throught the sticky and there wasn't anything specific for my ram. Heres what it is. Corsair CMX-3200C2PT v.5.1. Now the chips themselves don't have a brand name on them. I have 2 other sticks of XMS that say winbond CH-5 clear as day. However these have a like 3/4 circle with 9 square dots in the top right. With the following numbers/letters.

0436VB V58C2256804SAT5B And then in smaller print at the bottom v80993AIJABB. Can anyone shed some light on what kind of chips these are?

Apparantly they are mosel. Not to familiar with these chips. Are they any good or are they going to get in the way of my other CH-5's?

I don't have any first hand experience with Mosel chips. I know that they are fairly common and can be found in many PC3200 modules (like yours). While I don't think they are house to set the house on fire, I think I've read guys posting that they've gotten in the 220 plus, but don't hold me to that, heck, they might even do better than that.

Well my CH-5's had no problem breaking 230fsb. Hopefully these mosel chips won't keep me from doing it again.

Back