• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you do with extra PSU wires?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What do you do with extra PSU wires?

• Total voters
It took 5 min to do this slack job of stuffing all the extra un-needed PSU wires into the cd drive bays

imgp0139oh5.jpg

imgp0140bo2.jpg

I take my psu wires and throw them at the elderly walking by my house. lol. mine came tied together.

I put all my extra wires it the extra drive bay below the cd writer.
I am surprised that wasent on the poll.

Modular psu ftw...
My AMD rig has a modular psu so i just pick what i need and throw the rest in a box of random computer parts. But in my P4 rig i have a regular wired psu so i just tuck the wires away behind the mobo wall or up into an empty cd slot.

Diggrr said:
I voted for zip ties, but it depends on my "case of the moment".

If it's an open case where you can see the wiring, I open it and cut/heatshrink 'em.
If it's a closed case like I'm using now, and you can't see the wiring, I just fold them into a 4" bundle and use two zip ties...never know when an extra power plug will be needed in the future.

What I'd like to do if laziness weren't such a big factor, is to purchase and install a nice power bridge. Ya know, those power connector thingies with the screws. I'd run 2x +12v, 2x +5v and 4 grounds to a 3 screw connector. That way there's power on tap without all the wiring hanging around, and what I add has custom wire lengths/gages for what's required.

I'm not too tickled by modular psu's as power losses to the mobo through 2 ATX connectors just makes no sense to me.

The power bridge would also have a small voltage loss associated with it similar to the connectors in a modular PSU!

right now i hae no extra wires every singleone used to the max im sure tis psu is about to go!!!

but i hope to get a modular soon so i can get rid of all that mess!!!

I have modular cables. My old one wasnt, and even though I left my case open 99% of the time, I say who cares.

Well, first I take em behind the desk, you know out of sight, then i, uhhhh, you know, just uhhh, feel em up a bit...then uhhh....yah.....one thing leads to anoth............oh crap, wrong website :eek:

Back